Ready to call Purchase your new home? We’re here to make it happen.
If you’re currently studying at another college or university or have taken at least one undergraduate college course since you finished high school…
You qualify as a transfer student.
Transfer students make up about a third of our student body, so we’ve got answers to your questions and concerns.
Purchase is a great option for students coming from community colleges, with or without an associate degree, or four year institutions, who are seeking a Bachelor’s Degree. We offer rigorous degree programs at affordable tuition on a campus where creative freedom and acceptance prevail. Check out our majors here.
How to Apply:
- Undergraduate transcripts from all colleges previously attended
Failure to disclose this information will result in our inability to transfer credits from that college at any point in time and may result in campus judicial charges.
- We welcome application from students at any stage of their college career who have completed fewer than 24 college credits and evaluate their high school coursework and test scores (if provided) in addition to their college coursework.
- Students should address any gaps in their educational history in their application. If not included, a time gap information form will be requested after preliminary review
- Students may also submit a Think Wide Open Submission which is optional. You can learn more about our Think Wide Open Submission here.
- Students seeking to transfer from one Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) or equivalent should also submit the EOP Transfer Verification Form. To learn more about eligibility please visit the EOP Eligibility page.
- Students seeking programs requiring a portfolio or prescreen audition should review requirements for their program here.
All admission decisions are conditional, contingent upon the successful completion of all college coursework.
To review upcoming deadlines please review our deadlines page here.
Transfer Credit FAQs:
For more information regarding college credit coursework transfer please review our Transfer Equivalencies page.
All admitted transfers will receive a degree progress report (DPR) listing all prior coursework for which we will grant credit. Please note that DPRs can take up to three weeks to be completed after an admissions decision is rendered.
Unofficial Credit Evaluation
Prospective transfer students have the opportunity to receive an unofficial credit evaluation by providing transcripts from all institutions previously enrolled and course descriptions for coursework not already reflected in the transfer equivalencies database.
Please note, these are unofficial and offered to guide you in the college application process. Final evaluations are provided once you are admitted, and may vary. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a transcript evaluation.
Transfer students in may be expected to complete two or three years of full time study, depending on completion of prerequisite courses prior to transferring
To learn more please review our Transfer Credit Policies.
Candidates with more than four semesters of college coursework may want to consider our Liberal Studies degree completion options.
Students interested in our BFA and MusB programs may need to enroll at the college for four years. Students transferring into the Creative Writing and New Media programs typically take three years to complete their programs.