Early Action: November 15, 2023
Portfolio Submission: November 20, 2023
Fall Application: March 1, 2024
Portfolio Submission: March 8, 2024
Spring: November 1, 2023
Portfolio Submission: November 8, 2023
All applicants must first apply (using Common App or the SUNY App).
Submit the Creative Writing portfolio online within your Admissions portal. There is a nonrefundable $5 portfolio fee.
- Letter of Intent: A 500-word personal statement of your reasons for wanting to enter the program and an assessment of your strengths and weaknesses as a writer.
- Creative Writing Samples: Applicants should submit either fiction or poetry as follows:
- Fiction: 2-3 short stories or excerpts from pieces of fiction (30 pages max.)
- Poetry: 8-10 poems (15 pages max.)
- One Creative Writing Letter of Recommendation:
- Creative Writing applicants must submit one additional letter of recommendation from an individual who is familiar with their writing abilities (teachers, writing instructors, advisors, counselors, etc.).
- This letter will be separate from the one used for your initial application. Creative Writing students will submit a total of 2 letters of recommendation to Purchase College.
For additional information about the BA Creative Writing program visit Creative Writing Program