Congratulations! You’re in.
We’ve chosen you to join our vibrant and creative community, not only because of your talents, but because we think you’ll make us better. Potential isn’t just about what you’ll be able to do; it’s how you’ll be able to share it. And you have the kind of skills and potential we actively seek out.
Choosing Purchase is a big deal—for you and for us—and it’s important to us that you have access to all the information you need to make the jump.
Required Next Steps
Step 1: Setup Your Account
You’ll need a Purchase email address before you can do anything else. Activate your Purchase College email at:
Online Account Activation
- Select “Activate your account for the first time”
- Agree to the terms
- Enter the email address you used on your application and date of birth and click “Submit” and then “Create Your Password” to activate your account
Step 2: Pay Your Deposit
Once you’ve activated your email account, you can now make it official by sending a deposit and securing your spot.
Deposits are due May 1, 2019 for fall enrollment and January 14, 2019 for spring enrollment.
Enrollment Deposit ONLY: $150
Enrollment and Housing Deposit: $400
- Go to myHeliotrope
- Sign in using your Purchase email and password
- Click the “New Student” box
- Click “Pay Deposits”
Purchase College does not ask or consider a response to the criminal history question in the admissions decision process. However, please be aware that if you seek access to student housing, study abroad or internship opportunities, or professional licensure, you will be asked to provide this information. Also be aware that a prior felony conviction may impede your ability to complete your chosen degree program or receive professional licensure in your chosen field.
If You’ll be Living on Campus: Get a Housing Assignment
Once you’ve paid your housing deposit, you’ll be prompted to complete the Residence License Agreement (RLA) and room preference questionnaire.
Housing assignments for fall will be sent out in July; move-in is August 22.
Students need to be registered for a full-time schedule (12 credits) by August 1 (fall semester) or January 15 (spring semester) for housing.
Step 3: Register for Classes
Once you’ve paid your Enrollment Deposit and set up your email/myHeliotrope account, you should proceed to the New Student Registration page and follow the instructions for your student type (freshmen or transfer) and academic program. Graduate students: get in touch with your academic departments for registration information.
Step 4: Complete the Health Requirements
In order to move into your housing assignment and attend classes, you must submit the following:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Immunization Record
- Online Meningitis Information Survey
- College Entrance Health History and Physical Examination
- EverFi AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention courses
If you need accommodations because of a disability, be sure to contact the Office of Disability Resources to make a registration appointment and discuss your needs: email@example.com or (914) 251-6035.
Step 5: Submit Transcripts and AP/CLEP Scores
- Final official high school transcript with your graduation date. Complete our request form and submit it to your high school.
- Final official college transcript(s) from all colleges you’ve attended after your last term ends.
- AP and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores from The College Board. Our CEEB code is 2878.
Highly Recommended Steps
Consider Attending an Accepted Students Event
Whether you’ve previously visited campus or would like to see it for the first time before making your final decision, we welcome you to meet future friends and fellow students and chat with the professors and staff who will be guiding you throughout your time here.
Accepted Students Days will be held this year on March 21 and April 18. Registration will begin in February. To find out more about these and other events geared specifically toward admitted students, visit our Events page.
Get Your College Finances in Order
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete your TAP application (New York State Residents)
- If you already have medical insurance, waive the Purchase Health Insurance through myHeliotrope
Have a Car?
Order your parking permit through myHeliotrope:
- Click on the “Student” tab
- Select “Parking Options”
Orientation is where we really get things rolling here at Purchase. It’s a big part of starting your life here. You’ll get a taste of campus life, traditions, and social opportunities, learn about on and off campus resources, and connect with faculty, staff, and fellow students. In May, you’ll be assigned one of the following dates for Phase I: July 16, 17, or 18. Phase II takes place on August 22.
Decline or Defer
If you wish to decline or defer your acceptance please fill out this form so that we can properly advise you on your next steps.
Refund requests for enrollment are to be made in writing to the Office of Admissions by May 1, 2019 or 30 days from the date of your acceptance. Deposits are non-refundable after the deadline.
If you need help or have questions about the process of becoming a Purchase student, we’re here to help.