Spring 2021 Move-In Process
All residential students will be required to:
- Complete a seven-day precautionary quarantine prior to returning to campus and submit a form attesting they completed it.
- Have proof of a negative test result within 72 hours prior to moving into housing.
- Quarantine for 4 days until a second test is conducted.
- If the test is negative, students will be released from quarantine, but will restrict campus activities in the days that follow, as directed by the college as per SUNY guidelines.
- Follow specific directions based on whether students are traveling from NY State and contiguous states, out of state, or international locations. Information about restrictions on activities is forthcoming.
- Take extra protocols for cleaning and distancing if another student is in the apartment during the quarantine period.
International students will also be required to:
- Adhere to New York State’s restrictions for any traveler entering New York from a Level 2 or Level 3 country, as determined by the CDC. These guidelines are the same as those for students coming from out of state.
Commuter students attending in person classes and those who come to campus regularly to study, work, or use the labs must complete a 7 day quarantine and submit a negative test result to Health Services no more than 72 hours prior to coming to campus.keep readingstudent announcements >>
Virtual Office Hours
Food Pantry - Spring Appointments
The Purchase College Food Pantry is now open and is committed to ensuring that the pantry remains available to food insecure students who are on campus, but in a way that preserves the safety of both students and staff. To this end, the food pantry will now be accessible by appointment only.keep readingstudent announcements >>
Health & Wellness
Counseling Center Services
The Counseling Center is open and responding to both email COU.email@example.com and phone messages. Please call us at (914) 251-6390 if you would like to speak with a therapist about remote services. Check out our Counseling home page info, links, referrals for self-help and more coping resources during COVID response times. We offer Therapy Assisted Online for all students at no cost. TAO offers web-based, interactive self-help sessions for a therapy break you can use anytime, anywhere.Keep reading announcement»
As of Fall 2020, Student Projects (senior projects, capstone papers, and master’s theses) will no longer be submitted to the Library via Moodle. All Student Projects will now be submitted in MyHeliotrope.
While I try to spend some time reflecting on Martin Luther King, Jr.’s teachings every year at this time, in the wake of the violence at the Capitol building, it seems especially relevant.
Take advantage of the the assortment of free resources or “Freesources” available to you as a member of the Purchase community.
Each Freesource featured on this page is designed to improve your experience at Purchase and guide you to long-term success.
Check out this week’s Freesources on “Study Group Tips.”