Academic advisors are here to expand the educational world of our students. We are committed to helping students move forward on their academic journey and in life.
The Advising Center supports and supplements the College’s faculty-based advising program. While we serve students from all majors and all stages of their academic career, we have a focus on assisting students in our BA/BS programs, particularly those who are new students, undeclared, or interested in changing majors.
Every student in the College is assigned to an official advisor who may be a professor from the student’s board of study or a professional academic advisor from the Advising Center.
Students can locate their advisor’s name by looking at their Degree Progress Report (DPR), which can be viewed by logging into myHeliotrope.
Why would I go to the Advising Center?
- To learn about academic policies and procedures
- To understand your academic requirements and Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- To discuss your academic goals with an academic advisor
- To discuss future courses and your timeline to graduation
- To learn about any of the majors or minors that we offer, and how to declare a major or minor
- To learn how to navigate the Course Search
- To discuss any other questions or concern that you have regarding your academic career
Take a few simple steps to succeed.
Tips for taking an online course this summer.