Incoming International Students
Have a question?
Ask a Counselor / Text us at (914) 825-4144
Student Visa Information
Accepted international students seeking an F-1 student visa must submit the following supplemental information required to be issued the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F1 Visa) Student Status (required after offer of admission).
- Completed International Student Financial Statement with official financial documentation
- Accepted students seeking an I-20 form to obtain an F-1 student visa must complete, sign, and submit the International Student Financial Statement along with any required official bank letters verifying the information provided on the form. Note: These documents are also required if the student is presently on a B-2 visitor, J-I exchange-visitor, or F-1 student visa.
- For the 2018-19 academic year, all applicants seeking an F-1 student visa are required to demonstrate that the following amounts of funds are available to pay for their education for the first year in 2018:
- Undergraduate Students: US $32,896.80
- Graduate Students: US $38,786.80
Criteria for Each Bank Statement or Letter Submitted
- should be a single page document showing the criteria below. Please do not submit long statements with transaction history
- indicate the financial institution’s name
- indicate the account holder’s name
- clearly show the account balance (this exact amount should be entered in your International Student Financial Statement)
- be dated within the past 6 months (older statements will not be accepted),
- clearly show the type of currency
- be from statements that show liquid assets that can be converted to cash
- Not be salary statements or tax documents
- Signed and/or stamped by a bank official (or the bank official has to sign and/or stamp line A. in Part II of the International Student Financial Statement)
Types of Funding that are Not Accepted
- Documents older than 6 months
- Income or salary statements
- Funds that are not immediately accessible
- Assets that are not in liquidated form (such as a house or car, etc.)
- Life insurance policy statements
- Pension funds
- Tax return forms or document
- Completed Educational Data form (if not already submitted).
- Photocopy of passport identification page
- Completed International Transfer Form (only for students currently in the US)*
*Students currently attending high school, university, or a language institute in the US must submit the International Transfer Form. This form should be sent, along with:
- Photocopy of any previous I-20 forms
- Photocopy of visa
- Photocopy passport ID page
- I-94 US arrival card, if applicable.