Youth and Precollege Programs
For Youth and Precollege Programs such as Robotics or Young Journalists:
Each Youth and Precollege program is a subpage of the Youth and Precollege Programs group.
Youth and Precollege Programs are sub-divided into three sections:
- Summer Youth Programs in the Arts
- Summer Precollege Programs in the Arts
- Fall/Spring Courses.
We have set up School and Conservatory profiles for “Summer Youth Programs in the Arts” and “Summer Precollege Programs in the Arts.” This allows us to display them as cards on the Youth and Precollege Programs homepage, even though they are technically not schools.
On each homepage for “Summer Youth Programs in the Arts” and “Summer Precollege Programs in the Arts” we are displaying Youth and Precollege Program profiles that are checked with “Summer” semester. Of these programs, we’re displaying ones that are checked with “Youth” or “Precollege” respectively.
On the “Fall/Spring Courses” page, we are only displaying Youth and Precollege Program profiles that are checked with “Fall” or “Spring.”
Setting up a Youth or Precollege program
The first step is to add a page for the program under the Youth and Precollege Programs group.
It must be three levels deep in the url (e.g. /academics/youth-and-precollege-programs/youth-programs-robotics/).
Use the “Level 3 - Youth and CE Programs” template. Each Youth and Precollege Program only has one page.
To display a header image at the top of the program page:
- make sure the image name matches the name of the program exactly, e.g. “Youth Programs: Songwriting Workshop”
- tag the image with “program header image”
Each program shows the main Youth and Precollege Programs navigation in the right sidebar.
Youth or Precollege Program cards
Program cards can be ordered by adding or removing balloons from the program profile.
The image displayed on each program card is controlled from the program profile.
To edit or add a new Youth and Precollege Programs card:
Under the Academics group, select Profiles, and choose Youth and Precollege Programs. Select a Program to edit.
- Profile link: set the profile link to point to the program page.
- Card Title: most programs are titled with “Youth Programs:” or “Precollege Programs:” and then the program name. We’re displaying a shortened version on the program card without the first part, only the program name.
Program Level: the Youth/Precollege level is displayed as a label on each program card and in the program header.
It’s also used to separate the programs for the Youth Programs or the Precollege Programs page.
For the program header labels, we are finding a Youth and Precollege Program profile with a url matching the first three segments of the current url (since the programs are all three levels deep) and displaying the level, semester and session for that program.
- Semester: the semester is also displayed as a label on each program card and in the program header.
Session: the selected session is displayed as a label on each program card and in the program header.
It’s also used to separate the programs for the Summer pages and the Fall/Spring page.
- Program Card Image: to change the image, click on the image in the top left, remove the current image, and upload a new one (see the Programs help page for more help editing the images).
- Tags: the programs are tagged with various categories and a Sort by Category filter is displayed above the program cards.
- Program Color (in the right sidebar): this color is used on program pages and program cards. It sets the “accent” color for each program.