Level 1 - Divisions
For School of the Arts, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and School of Liberal Studies and Continuing Education:
Each Division is set up as a group. The Division name (e.g. “School of the Arts”) must be exactly the same in the following places:
- Group full name
- Group homepage page name
- Division checkbox name on Schools & Conservatories profiles
- Division checkbox name on Academic Program profiles
This enables the correct school cards to show on each division landing page, and for the correct breadcrumbs to show on all academic pages.
Each Division homepage must be two levels deep in the url (e.g. /academics/arts/).
Changing the division name
The group public name is the name displayed on the website.The group public name can be different. If you need to change the name of a division, change the group public name only. Then, check the division-landing-page.php template to see if any changes need to be made to the header there. Note the division name will not change on the backend, in the group switcher or the program or school profiles. This makes it easier to manage the change.
How does it work?
- The division homepage displays cards for schools and conservatories under that division. We are displaying cards with a division checked containing the current group name (and without a checked “sub-division”).
- On school pages, the division name is displayed in the header or in the breadcrumb. We obtain the value for the division from a School and Conservatory profile associated with the current group (the title matches the current group title). Then we use a pages widget to find a division homepage with a title matching the division name.
- On Academic Program pages, the division name is displayed in the breadcrumb. We obtain the value for the division from an Academic Program profile associated with the program (the url matches the first two segments of the current url). Then we use a pages widget to find a division homepage with a title matching the division name.
The bottom of each division page displays all the programs offered by each school or conservatory, separated by major or minor where appropriate.
Think Wide Open
On the School of the Arts page, the Think Wide Open bar displays starred stories, starred video stories and starred galleries in the School of the Arts group. You can share content from other groups to the School of the Arts group to display it in the TWO bar.
For more information on adding content to the TWO bar, visit the Think Wide Open help page.
Each column displays the next three upcoming events in each department. Events must be shared to the School of the Arts group and tagged with “Dance,” “Music,” “Theatre,” “Art,” or “Design.”