Search Engine Optimization
SEO refers to the things you can do to improve the likelihood that your page will be found by search engines.
Search engines find your content in a variety of secret and proprietary ways. One of the most important and most basic things you can do to improve the likelihood of your page being listed near the top of Search Results is to populate the “Title”, “Description”, and “Keywords“ Meta tags that appear in this panel. Add these to your web page details.
Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities for your web pages. Ranking for the right keywords can make or break your page. By researching your keyword demand, you can learn which terms and phrases to target with SEO. You can also learn more about your customers as a whole. It’s not always about getting visitors to your site - it’s about getting the right kind of visitors.
Here are some important questions when deciding on your keywords:
- Is the keyword relevant to my pages’ content?
- Will searchers find what they are looking for on my page when they search using these keywords?
- Will they be happy with what they find?
- Will this traffic result in financial rewards or other organizational goals?
Your page title is meant to be an accurate and concise description of your page’s content. It is critical to both user experience and search engine optimization.
- Be mindful of length. Search engines display only the first 65-75 characters of a title tag in the search results.
- Consider readability and emotional impact
This is a short description of your page’s content and is the source for the snippet of text displayed beneath a listing in search results.
Descriptions can be any length, but search engines generally will cut snippets longer than 160 characters, so it’s generally wise to stay within these limits.
You can apply some effective techniques for keyword usage to help create pages that are well-optimized.
Ensure your main keyword or keyword phrase is used:
- Login to LiveWhale
- Go to your webpage
- On the LiveWhale page editor toolbar, click “Details”
- Then, click “Edit page details”
- Replace the title in the title field
- Title = Title Tag: This is the text you’ll see at the top of your browser. Search engines view this text as the “title” of your page.
- Keywords = Meta Keywords Attribute: A series of keywords you deem relevant to the page in question.
- Description = Meta Description Attribute: A brief description of the page.