Accessibility at the Library
The Purchase College Library aims to create an equitable environment in which all our users thrive.
We recognize that creating and maintaining that space means we must remain vigilant—engaged in constant education, advocacy, and flexibility. To that end, we strive to:
- think strategically about our use of resources to enhance accessibility wherever possible
- advise faculty on accessible practices, especially regarding the use of our content
- partner with the Office of Disability Resources for ongoing course needs
- train staff and faculty on the use of our collections with an eye toward accessibility and potential barriers
- continue to explore accessibility best practices, including Scanning Best Practices as well as procurement of materials
Library Accessibility Guidelines
This set of guidelines serves to support Campus Libraries in promoting best practices to achieve EIT Accessibility as it pertains to critical library functions, including but not limited to, services, collections, and spaces. Refer to other standards listed in this SUNY EIT document where relevant and essential to delivering accessible library services and supports. References: IFLA Access to Libraries for Persons with Disabilities.