Purchase Student Government Association
The Purchase Student Government Association (PSGA) is a vital service for Purchase College students. It is the primary representative body for the students and is funded by the Mandatory Student Activity fee. The PSGA’s responsibilities include:
- advocating for the interests of all students to the college administration
- providing and maintaining student-run clubs, organizations, and services
- operating the Student Center
- providing weekly events on campus, open to all students
- and organizing a large event for the entire campus each semester
Students are represented on the Purchase College Senate, the all-campus governance body, by six voting members. One of these senators is the president of the PSGA, who also serves on the College Senate Executive Committee. The remaining five shall be elected officials of the PSGA. Students are also represented on the standing committees of the Senate and are chosen according to procedures developed by the PSGA and approved by the College Senate. The PSGA advisor is currently Antony Ware, director of residential services.