Career Development Center
The Career Development Center (CDC) provides career-related services and programs for all matriculated students and alumni at Purchase College. Faculty members are encouraged to refer Purchase students to the CDC as early as their first year to learn how to begin identifying career options and how to make the most effective use of our services, including:
- individual/group sessions on choosing a major and exploring potential career options; identifying skills and interests through surveys and assessments
- assistance in developing résumés and cover letters, job search strategies, and interviewing skills
- help in locating internships and development leads for full- and part-time jobs, gig and freelance opportunities, and service learning or volunteer opportunities
- the Career Development Mentor Network and online professional networking
- advising on graduate and professional schools, and information on processing credentials for graduate school applications
- specialized career programs and events, including career panels, employer visits to campus, the Job and Internship Fair, and Internship Fair, Graduate School Month and Expo
Other CDC services and resources that support faculty are:
- a faculty internship guide, provided to faculty sponsors
- in-class or other career presentations, with relevant materials and job/internship resources
- Purchase JobScore, an online resource for jobs and internships in all career fields. Faculty can access Purchase Jobscore to review and approve Internship Learning Contracts, evaluations and recommend internship and other relevant opportunities to their students.
Please refer to the Career Development Center‘s Information for Faculty to learn more.