Target dates for ordering:
- Fall: February 15
- Spring: September 15
- Summer: January 15
Faculty members are encouraged to submit textbook orders online through the “Faculty Adoptions” link. Have the following information available when you are ready to submit your order:
- Your name and telephone number
- Course number (for example, WRI1110)
- Author(s)/title(s), edition, publisher
- Any other required course materials
- Approx. enrollment
Choose from the following methods:
- Go to “Online Adoption” under “Faculty Services” at the bottom of the bookstore’s home page.
- In person: bookstore hours
- Email the information to email@example.com
- Fax the information to (914) 251-6593
- Call the bookstore at (914) 251-6970
- Mail the information to the campus bookstore
|New York State Textbook Access Act Requirements, E-Book Restrictions|
The regulations were enacted so that students and parents have accurate information on the costs of books well before a semester begins. Purchase College takes the affordability of college, including textbooks, extremely seriously; therefore, we ask for your cooperation in submitting textbook requests by the deadlines. Requests submitted by the deadline give the bookstore sufficient time to find less costly used books or other alternatives. It also provides students with the necessary information to make informed choices and prepare for the following semester well ahead of time. Students may view textbooks for courses online through the course schedule at the time of advising and registration.
Textbook Assistance (for students facing financial hardships who cannot afford to rent or purchase their textbooks)
Open SUNY Affordable Learning Solutions
In promoting affordable textbooks, SUNY has created a resource for open textbook and education sources that may be useful to faculty. For more information, visit the Open SUNY Affordable Learning Solutions website, opensunyals.org.
Open Educational Resources
Purchase College is participating in SUNY’s current initiative to promote the use of Open Educational Resources (OERs). Part of SUNY’s support for OER use has been the development of SUNY Open Textbooks (https://textbooks.opensuny.org). This library of freely available course texts includes the catalogs of open texts from Lumen Learning and from OpenStax, volumes produced by SUNY faculty as part of Open SUNY–supported projects, and a variety of other OER text sources. The texts available through SUNY Open Textbooks can be used as is, or you can be set up with an editable copy specific for your course at Purchase, which you (and your students, if you want to involve them) can customize.
It’s easy to research and adopt course materials using Follett Discover. You can:
- see other relevant materials for your course
- search and adopt nontraditional materials, such as YouTube videos, open education resources, and MOOC content
- access Follett Discover from the college’s learning management system (Moodle) and adopt course materials. This information is immediately sent to the campus bookstore.
It’s a simple three-step process:
- Log-in to Moodle
- Select Follett Discover from the main menu
- Start discovering