Cancellation of Classes
Classes are canceled or delayed by the college only under extreme circumstances, such as severely inclement weather or other emergency situations. In such cases:
- Notices will be posted by 5:30 a.m. for day classes and by 2:30 p.m. for evening classes on the 24-hour weather emergency hotline, (914) 251-7500, and on the faculty/staff portal.
- If classes are canceled after the beginning of the instructional day, the announcement will be communicated to chairs and directors via campus email.
Purchase College Alert, which has replaced the NY-Alert system, allows the college to send the entire community emergency notifications via phone, text, and email. Text messages will be included for campus-wide, weather-related delays and cancellations. Text will come from telephone number 226787, and emails will be sent from one of the following addresses:
Add or update your contact information in myHeliotrope, accessible under Quick Links on the faculty/staff portal.
- The Chief of University Police will also make arrangements for any campus-wide cancellation of classes and/or delayed opening to be announced on the following designated cable channel and radio stations:
– News 12 Westchester
– WCBS 880 AM (New York City)
– WFAS 1230 AM (White Plains)
– WHUD 100.7 (Peekskill)