License Event Notification Service
The License Event Notification Service (LENS), created by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), serves the highway safety needs of public and private entities in New York State by:
- ensuring that each driver has a valid license
- quickly identifying problem drivers or driving behavior
- improving the safety of operations
Many New York State agencies, including SUNY, use this service, which helps ensure that anyone who drives a vehicle as a condition of employment on a full-time, part-time, or seasonal basis is properly licensed.
At Purchase, the University Police are responsible for the campus-wide LENS implementation.
- All employees for whom a valid driver’s license is a requirement for employment must participate in the LENS program.
- Employees who drive a vehicle sporadically are not exempt from this requirement.
- Employees who do not participate in the LENS program will not be permitted to operate a state vehicle for any official business. This includes using a state vehicle to travel to and from meetings, conferences, admissions fairs, etc.
Submit a photocopy of your driver’s license with a completed personal-information form to the University Police headquarters. The form, which is available online or at the University Police headquarters, includes your:
- driver’s license number
- full name
- date of birth
- signature, with the date
Contact: Bruce Butler, Campus Public Safety Officer