Emily and Eugene Grant Faculty Award
Application deadline: February 10, 2021
Thanks to the generosity of Emily and Eugene Grant, Purchase College is pleased to announce the 2020–21 Emily and Eugene Grant Faculty Award. The recipient will receive $2,500 to subsidize research, performances, exhibitions, conferences, and/or recital expenses.
- Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty members in any unit of the college are eligible to apply.
- Any meritorious project representative of the faculty member’s professional interests and activities is eligible for submission. This includes the entire range of scholarly research, a creative or artistic work, the formulation of a new component of the curriculum requiring the synthesis or acquisition of further knowledge, or the evaluation and improvement of instruction either within a discipline or across disciplines. Projects that enhance the relationship between the fine arts and the liberal arts and sciences are especially welcome.
- This award period covers expenses incurred from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
Please assemble all materials and submit them together electronically to the chair or director of your school or conservatory; incomplete applications cannot be accepted. Each application should contain:
- a current curriculum vitae
- a maximum two-to-three page description of the proposed project, including a statement of its significance to the individual’s professional development and role in the college (to be signed by the chair/director). The anticipated results of the project should be clearly defined, with a discussion of their scholarly, artistic, and/or pedagogical importance. A timetable of activities and any other appropriate documentation should be attached.
Please note: The Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee requires that nominees’ rank, tenure, and full-time or part-time status be indicated on all applications.
Chairs and directors should:
- verify the applicant’s eligibility and status (tenure-track or tenured full-time faculty)
- indicate their support on the description of the proposed project
- send the amended application as an attached file to Provost.Officer@purchase.edu no later than February 10, 2021. Deadlines that fall on a weekend and/or holiday are extended to the next business day.
- Finalists for the award are chosen competitively by the Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee. The panel represents a range of disciplines, reflective of the total curriculum of Purchase College.
- From the finalists submitted by the faculty referees, the provost will select the winners and announce them to the campus.
Results are announced by March 30, 2021