Jewish Studies Faculty Awards
2021-2022 Jewish Studies Faculty Research/Professional Development Awards
Application/nomination deadline: March 30, 2022
Purchase College is pleased to announce the 2021–22 Jewish Studies Faculty Research/Professional Development Awards. Awards are given annually to projects that relate, in a wide variety of ways, to Jewish studies. These awards can support faculty activity up to $5,000.
Examples of possible uses of these awards:
- Research/professional development that is thematically related to any aspect of Jewish studies
- Conferences to present papers on topics relating to any aspect of Jewish studies
- Support for faculty-initiated public events on campus that are thematically related to any aspect of Jewish studies, including lectures, films and film series, dance or music recitals, conferences, and exhibitions at the Neuberger Museum of Art or Performing Arts Center
Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty members in any unit of the college are eligible to apply. Multiple awards can be given each year. The 2021–22 award period covers expenses incurred from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
Please assemble all materials and submit them together electronically to Aviva Taubenfeld, Director of the School of Humanities, no later than March 30, 2022; incomplete submissions cannot be accepted. Each application or nomination should contain:
- a current curriculum vitae
- a two-to-three page account of the candidate’s achievement and a description of the project for which funding is sought, with specific attention to its connection to Jewish studies, broadly interpreted.
Results are announced by May 30.