The provost reports directly to the president and works with all Purchase College constituencies to build a strong sense of community.
Barry Pearson, MFA
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Office: Student Services Building, Third Floor, Room 336B
Tel: (914) 251-6020 | Fax (914) 251-6019
The provost’s responsibilities include leadership in academic programs and services, strategic planning, general education and assessment, and faculty development, and supervision of the academic budget. He also serves as the liaison between the central administrative offices of the State University of New York and the Purchase community for such initiatives as the implementation of general education requirements and outcomes assessment measures.
The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs oversees each of the college’s academic units, together with major areas of institutional, academic, and sponsored programs and works with the Associate Provost in planning, assessment, and support.
School of the Arts:
– Conservatory of Dance
– Conservatory of Music
– Conservatory of Theatre Arts
– School of Art+Design
School of Liberal Arts and Sciences:
– School of Film and Media Studies
– School of Humanities
– School of Liberal Studies
– School of Natural and Social Sciences
- School of Continuing Education
- Neuberger Museum of Art and the Performing Arts Center
- Purchase College Library
- Office for Global Education
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Campus Technology Services (CTS)