Topol Faculty Development Awards
Application/nomination deadline: February 10, 2022
Thanks to the continuing generosity of Dee and Robert Topol, Purchase College is pleased to announce this faculty development award for summer 2022. Each recipient will receive $3,000 to use during the summer for the following activities:
Writing a grant. The grant could be related to a faculty member’s research, performances/recitals, or exhibitions. It could also be grant writing aimed at improving the curriculum or increasing student engagement through the curriculum.
- Developing a new course or significantly redesigning a course using new technologies/pedagogies and incorporating assessment. Team-taught courses that cross disciplines are especially encouraged, in which case the award will be split between the two faculty members.
Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty members in any unit of the college are eligible to apply. Normally two awards will be given each year.
Please assemble all materials and submit them together electronically to the Director’s office of your school or conservatory; incomplete applications cannot be accepted. Each application should contain:
- a current curriculum vitae
- a maximum two-page description of the project, signed by the Director
Please note: The Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee requires that nominees’ rank, tenure, and full-time or part-time status be indicated on all applications.
Chairs and directors should:
- verify the applicant’s eligibility and status (tenure-track or tenured full-time faculty)
- indicate their support on the description of the proposed project and provide their signature and endorsement
- send the amended application as an attached file to Provost.Officer@purchase.edu no later than February 10, 2022. Deadlines that fall on a weekend and/or holiday are extended to the next business day.
- Finalists for the award are chosen competitively by the Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee. The panel represents a range of disciplines, reflective of the total curriculum of Purchase College.
- From the finalists submitted by the faculty committee, the provost will select the winners and announce them to the campus.
Results are announced by March 30.