Topol Faculty Development Awards
Application/Nomination Deadline: February 10, 2024
Thanks to the continuing generosity of Dee and Robert Topol, Purchase College is pleased to announce this faculty development award for summer 2024. The recipient will receive $3,000 to use during the summer, unless the application is for a joint project, then it will be divided equally among the applicants for the following activities:
Writing a grant. The grant could be related to a faculty member’s research, performances/recitals, or exhibitions. It could also be grant writing aimed at improving the curriculum or increasing student engagement through the curriculum.
- Developing a new course or significantly redesigning a course using new technologies/pedagogies and incorporating assessment. Team-taught courses that cross disciplines are especially encouraged, in which case the award will be split between the two faculty members.
All full-time faculty are eligible to apply, as well as part-time faculty who have completed a minimum of 4 consecutive semesters teaching at Purchase College.
Please assemble all materials and submit them together electronically to the Director’s office of your school or conservatory; incomplete applications cannot be accepted. Each application should contain:
- a current curriculum vitae
a maximum two-page description of the project, signed by the Director
Please note: The Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee requires that nominees’ rank, tenure, and full-time or part-time status be indicated on all applications.
- verify the applicant’s eligibility and status (tenure-track or tenured full-time faculty or part time adjunct)
- indicate their support on the description of the proposed project and provide their signature and endorsement
- send the amended application as an attached file to Provost.Officer@purchase.edu no later than February 10, 2024. Deadlines that fall on a weekend and/or holiday are extended to the next business day.
- Finalists for the award are chosen competitively by the Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee. The panel represents a range of disciplines, reflective of the total curriculum of Purchase College.
- From the finalists submitted by the faculty committee, the provost will select the winners and announce them to the campus.
Results are announced by April 15.