Borrowing & Renewing
Contactless Pickup During the COVID Pandemic:
For the safety of students, staff, and faculty during the COVID pandemic, the Library will provide contactless pickup service for needed materials through the Summer and Fall, 2020 semesters on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10:00am and 2:00pm, beginning August 11th. These hours are subject to change. In addition, all returned materials may be quarantined and unavailable for at least 72 hours.
You must request a Hold in Discovery Search in order to schedule a contactless pickup. We ask that you please limit your number of requested Holds to 10 or less per individual pickup appointment. Only one pickup time is necessary for multiple Holds. The Hold will only be in place for two weeks. After two weeks, a new Hold must be requested. You cannot add extra titles to your order once you are at the Library. All items must be reserved in advance through the Holds process.
The Library Vestibule will serve as the official location for pickup of requested materials. Before, during, and after scheduled pickups, patrons are expected to adhere to College Guidelines and wear a mask. If more than one patron is waiting for their appointment outside the Vestibule, social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained. Only one individual at a time will be allowed inside the vestibule.
Patrons must bring their ID and display it against the glass window to the left of the Book Drop. Once the Circulation Supervisor verifies the pickup, the patron will exit the Vestibule. The Supervisor will then retrieve the material, place it on a designated spot and exit. The patron can then re-enter for pickup. For safety and density reasons, if you miss your pickup appointment, a new pickup must be scheduled. Scheduled pickup appointments may be cancelled at any time.
|Regular Loan (books, scores)||
16 weeksfor students, faculty, and staff
|DVDs (Popular Collection)||10 days||$1.00/day|
|Videos (VHS)||30 days||$3.00/day|
DVDs (Academic Collection)
||10 days - Faculty only during Contactless Pickup||$0.75/hour|
|Bound journals||7 days||$1.00/day|
|CDs, LPs, Cassettes||10 days||$1.00/day|
Maximum Number of Loans
We are currently implementing contactless pickup of library materials through the fall, 2020 semester. We strongly encourage all patrons to limit the number of items they are requesting to 10 or less per individual pickup.
|Regular Loan (books, scores)||50||99|
|DVDs (Popular Collection), CDs, LPs, Cassettes||10||25|
|DVDs (Academic Collection), Videos||3||25|
See Library Policies for additional circulation policies, including information about overdue notices, fines, lost materials, etc.
Purchase College students, faculty, and staff who present a valid Purchase College ID card may borrow library materials according to the loan periods specified above.
Visitors with the following affiliations will not be able to borrow books and materials from the circulating collection via Contactless Pickup, due to our system restrictions:
- Friends of the Library
- Manhattanville College students and faculty
- Students and faculty from SUNY institutions
- Faculty from WALDO (Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization) institutions
Guests and community members not affiliated with the above institutions do not have borrowing privileges but are welcome to visit us and use library materials on location when we reopen.
Log in to your library account to:
- Renew items online
- Check which books you have on loan
- Place a hold on an item (requires that the item be currently checked out)
To renew library materials online:
- Follow this link to the new Library Discovery Search.
- Click on Sign In (located in the upper right corner of the top menu bar).
- Log in using your Purchase credentials (first.lastname and password).
- After logging in, click on your name in the upper right corner.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select My Library Account.
- Your loans, requests, fines and other account information are visible on the Overview tab
- To renew, go to the Loans tab.
- Select the items you wish to renew by checking the box to the left of the title.
- Click Renew (you can also click “Renew Selected” or “Renew All”).
- Your new due date will appear above the items list.
Note that not all fine information will be listed. You may have fines from items you’ve already returned. For questions, or if you are unable to login, please contact the Circulation Desk at (914) 251-6401.