Borrowing & Renewing
Borrowing Loan Periods and Fines
|Regular Loan (books, scores)||
16 weeksfor students, faculty, and staff
|DVDs (Popular Collection)||10 days||$1.00/day|
|Videos (VHS)||30 days||$3.00/day|
|DVDs (Academic Collection)
4 hours, in-house use (students)
10 days (faculty only)
|Bound journals||7 days||$1.00/day|
|CDs, LPs, Cassettes||10 days||$1.00/day|
3 hours, in-house use
Maximum Number of Loans
|Regular Loan (books, scores)||50||99|
|DVDs (Popular Collection), CDs, LPs, Cassettes||10||25|
|DVDs (Academic Collection), Videos||3||25|
See Library Policies for additional circulation policies, including information about overdue notices, fines, lost materials, etc.
Who Can Borrow
Purchase College students, faculty, and staff who present a valid Purchase College ID card may borrow library materials according to the loan periods specified above.
In addition, the following groups may also borrow:
- Friends of the Library
- Manhattanville College students and faculty
- Students and faculty from SUNY institutions
Guests and community members not affiliated with the above institutions do not have borrowing privileges but are welcome to visit our facilities and use library materials on location. See the guest policy for details.
Renewing Library Materials
Log in to your library account to:
- Renew items online
- Check which books you have on loan
- Place a hold on an item (requires that the item be currently checked out)
To renew library materials online:
- Follow this link to the new Library Discovery Search.
- Click on Sign In (located in the upper right corner of the top menu bar).
- Log in using your Purchase credentials (first.lastname and password).
- After logging in, click on your name in the upper right corner.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select My Library Account.
Your loans, requests, fines and other account information are visible on the Overview tab
To renew, go to the Loans tab.
- Select the items you wish to renew by checking the box to the left of the title.
- Click Renew (you can also click “Renew Selected” or “Renew All”).
- Your new due date will appear above the items list.