Facts and Stats
You wouldn’t get to know someone by first asking their blood pressure—but we know that stats are important.
• Total student enrollment is 4,206.
4,102 undergraduate students and 104 graduate students.
• Two thirds of undergraduates live on campus.
That includes 87% of the freshmen class.
• Roughly 81% of students are New York residents
The remainder come from 42 states and 30 foreign countries.
• The average high school GPA for the incoming class is 87.3%.
70% had a combined SAT score of 1000 or higher.
• 23% of incoming freshmen are first-generation college students.
• The faculty-to-student ratio averages roughly 15:1.
Averages vary by program.
African American 12.1%
Multiple Races 4.7%
Other or Unknown: 7%
(All degree-seeking undergraduates)
Freshmen Class Profile
Total number: 763
Average SAT Reading: 559
Average SAT Math: 534
NCAA Division III
Men: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Golf, Lacrosse, Tennis, Volleyball
Women: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Lacrosse, Tennis, Volleyball
Liberal Arts and Sciences: 57%
School of the Arts: 38%
*Undeclared? We like to say you’re “still exploring.” We have resources on campus to help undeclared students find a major, from the Advising Center to the Career Development Center, and, of course, the faculty are always available to assist. You can also use our online majors explorer to find your niche.
- Music Artist Diploma
- Music Performers Certificate
- Forty-seven majors
- Thirty-two minors
- Four graduate majors, plus artist diplomas and performers certificates
These numbers come from the 2016 Fact Book, which you can see in its entirety.