Facts and Stats
Just like you, we’re so much more than a number. But here are the stats for fall 2021.
Total student enrollment is 3,529.
- 3,446 undergraduate students and 83 graduate students.
Roughly 83% of students are New York residents
- The remainder come from 40 states and 24 foreign countries.
The average high school GPA for the incoming class is 88.7%.
- 98% of students who chose to submit their standardized test scores had a combined SAT score of 1000 or higher (Read our Test-Optional Policy).
19% of incoming freshmen are first-generation college students.
The faculty-to-student ratio averages roughly 13:1 although it varies by program.
- Averages vary by program.
American Indian/Alaskan Native 0.1%
African American 12.9%
Multiple Races 5.7%
Other or Unknown: 2.4%
(All degree-seeking undergraduates)
First Year Class Profile
Total number: 684
Average SAT Reading: 633
Average SAT Math: 599
NCAA Division III
Men: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Golf, Lacrosse, Tennis, Volleyball
Women: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Lacrosse, Tennis, Volleyball
Liberal Arts and Sciences: 52%
School of the Arts: 42%
*Undeclared? We like to say you’re “still exploring.” We have resources on campus to help undeclared students find a major, from the Advising Center to the Career Development Center, and, of course, the faculty are always available to assist. You can also use our online majors explorer to find your niche.
- Forty-seven majors
- Thirty-two minors
- Four graduate majors, plus artist diplomas and performers certificates
These numbers are updated every December by the Office of Institutional Research. For more information review the most recent Fact Book.