Mission, Vision, Values
Purchase College, SUNY embraces its public mission by bringing together students in the liberal arts, sciences, and conservatory arts programs in a vibrant, creative community where in-depth knowledge grows from open-minded engagement, questioning boundaries, and inspiring possibility.
Purchase College will be a model teaching institution where creativity, boldly applied across and within disciplines, serves as a critically needed response to the challenges of increasing complexity, by empowering future generations of artists, scholars, scientists, and activists to engage in and make their own meaningful contributions to society.
The Purchase College community values:
- Delivering an exceptional education to a diverse student body
- Artistic and scholarly achievement
- Personal and professional creativity, inquiry, and expressiveness
- Openness to emerging ideas that promote alternatives and variance
- Free and expressive speech
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Respect for individuals’ liberties
- Lifelong learning
- Meaningful collaboration toward shared goals
- Civic engagement
- Sustainability (environmental, social justice, economic, health related, etc.)