The Advising Center supports and supplements the College’s faculty-based advising program. While we serve students from all majors and all stages of their academic career, we have a focus on assisting students in our BA/BS programs, particularly those who are new students, undeclared, or interested in changing majors.

Why Would I Go to the Advising Center?

  • To learn about academic policies and procedures
  • To understand your Degree Progress Report (DPR)
  • To understand your academic requirements
  • To discuss your academic goals with an Academic Advisor
  • To discuss future courses and your timeline to graduation
  • To learn about any of the majors or minors we offer
  • To learn how to declare a major or minor
  • To learn how to navigate the Course Search
  • To discuss any other questions or concerns you have regarding your academic career

Every student in the College is assigned to an official advisor who may be a professional academic advisor from Liberal Studies or the Advising Center, a full-time professor within the student’s board of study, or their First-Year Seminar instructor.

Students can locate their advisor’s name by looking at their Degree Progress Report (DPR), which can be viewed by logging into myHeliotrope.