Beginning with the spring 2018 applications, Purchase College will allow applicants to choose whether to provide SAT or ACT scores for review.
Our motto, “Think Wide Open,” is our way of learning, teaching, and being and so much more. By choosing Purchase, students make a conscious decision to join an intense community with deep respect for individuality and diversity and an unparalleled environment of creativity and innovation. We believe going test- optional truly fulfills our promise.
As a general guideline, students who choose to omit test scores on their application should present the following:
- A complete application
- Unweighted cumulative high school GPA of an 85 or higher (or 3.0 on 4.0 scale) in English, Foreign Language, Math, Science and History courses)
- College preparatory curriculum
- Strong teacher recommendation in a core discipline
- Solid Think Wide Open essay or video submission
- Any additional supplemental information to provide more information regarding the student
Students who are required to submit test scores include:
- Applicants who are homeschooled
- International students, who will need to provide a TOEFL score
- Applicants who attended secondary schools that provide only narrative evaluations rather than some form of grading scale
Students are welcome to consult with an admissions advisor about their test-optional decision, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 914-251-6300.