Upper-Class Apartment Communities
Alumni Village, The Commons and The Olde apartment communities provide a variety of options for upper-class housing. All sophomores, juniors and seniors can select their own room from the rooms available during the Room Selection Process that occurs in the spring, as long as they meet the requirements to live in the apartments: either have 36 completed credits OR be 21 years of age at the time of application. Additionally, all of these housing options allow for Gender Inclusive Housing.
Our apartment communities offer an additional transitional component for students to experience life within an apartment, with almost all having full living-rooms, kitchens and bathrooms shared among the residents of those areas.
The apartment communities are the only housing option that remains open for Thanksgiving and Spring Break automatically included in your housing costs. Additionally, a meal plan is not required – however, apartment or full meal plans are optional. For those that require housing over Winter Break and/or Summer Break, please explore our PREP housing options.
Residents living in all three (3) apartment communities are assisted by the Resident Assistant (RA) and Residence Coordinator (RC) staffs out of The Olde Community Center (OCC), which is located in The Olde, at the corner of G-Street and J-Street, next to the J-street laundry room. Staff here can assist with lock-outs, party registration, lost key change requests, and other student needs.
Party Registration Information
1. Student Registers Party - pick up a form from The OCC.
- Occupancy Limits
- Addresses, phone numbers, date of births for guests
- Friday/Saturday only - (no registered parties on the following weekend: first/last weekend each semester, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall Fest, Spring Break, Culture Shock
- Party ends at 1:30am or earlier
- Form turned in by 4pm on the Tuesday PRIOR to the weekend
- No more than 2 parties per community; max 6 parties per weekend
- Host must meet with RC to discuss and review form
2. Student meets with RC
- Noise, alcohol, safety and other policies
- If approved, signed form and poster provided
3. RC sends Emails
- If approved, RC will send an email to the residents of an apartment just prior to the weekend.