Please note, all students living on campus for Fall 2021 / Spring 2022 must be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to moving on to campus.
Students should submit proof of vaccination to Student Health Services
If students require an exemption for medical or religious purposes, this must be submitted no later than August 6th. The college will notified students of the status of their request. Students who do not wish to get a vaccine or are not granted an exemption can withdraw from campus housing until August 13th.
For more information please visit the COVID FAQs.
Through the Office of Community Engagement, on-campus housing is offered to full-time, matriculated students. All residents must attend class and be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
DUE TO COVID-19:
All students will be housed within Outback, Farside, Fort Awesome, Wayback, Alumni Village, Commons and The Olde. Students will have a roommate if assigned to a double or triple bedroom. Big Haus, Crossroads and Farside will remain closed for the fall semester. All students must sign a COVID 19 Residence License Agreement Addendum prior to moving on to campus.
Spring 2022 Housing
All students not currently living on campus for the fall must complete all of the following to be considered for housing:
- the Enrollment Deposit of $150.00
- the Housing Deposit of $250.00
- the completed Residence License Agreement
Commuter students need to only pay the enrollment deposit if housing is not needed. Continuing Residential students whom deposit and complete the RLA and housing application by December 1st will be prioritized for housing, but preference is given to those with in person courses and approved on campus activity. New students who deposit by December 15th will be considered for priority housing. Students will be placed into housing after completing the aforementioned steps. Your application will include questions pertaining to your preference for housing. The office will try it’s best to house you based on these preferences but please be aware that all first choices cannot be granted. Students will receive their housing assignment in late December. All housing assignments are final.
In order to complete the process of paying your housing deposit and completing your RLA and Housing Application questions, please follow the steps below:
- Go to www.purchase.edu/portal
- Click on myHeliotrope
- Sign in using your e-mail & password
- Click the Housing and Meal Plans box
- Click on the Housing tab (submit housing deposit)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Assignments are made based on the availability of spaces on campus. OCE makes every effort to offer students their preferred housing type; however, it is not guaranteed.
Once your enrollment deposit, housing deposit and residence license agreement have been received, you will receive a Housing Assignment Notification from our office by the end of December.
For the Spring 2022 semester, our office will begin to process transfer student housing applications after December 15th. Transfer students will be notified of their housing assignment by the end of December.
- <div class="faq"> <div class="question">I am not eligible for the apartments, but I really want to live in gender-neutral housing this year!</div> <div class="answer truncate"> <p> Gender-neutral housing has been expanded! There are gende-neutral housing options in all of our housing communities on the campus!</p> <a class="more" href="#">keep reading <span class="lw_sr_only">FAQ</span>»</a> </div> </div>
- <div class="faq"> <div class="question">I am not a member of a four-person group, but I want to live in gender-neutral housing.</div> <div class="answer truncate"> <p> While you do not have to have a four-person group to attain this housing, our department has to ensure that we are truly creating a safe environment for those students who choose to live within this housing community. If you select a space that is not filled, you may be moved in order to fill another gender-neutral area.</p> <a class="more" href="#">keep reading <span class="lw_sr_only">FAQ</span>»</a> </div> </div>