Through Residential and Student Life, on-campus housing is offered to full-time, matriculated students. All residents must attend class and be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
Fall 2023 Housing Selection
All students who anticipate living on campus for the fall must complete all of the following to be considered for housing:
- The Enrollment Deposit of $150.00 (for new students only)
- The Housing Deposit of $250.00
- The completed Residence License Agreement (RLA)
Continuing students who deposit and complete the RLA and housing application by March 15 are permitted to go through the housing selection process. Deposits will still be accepted after March 15. Late deposited students cannot be pulled into a residential space or take part in the room selection processes. Returning students who deposit after March 15 will be assigned housing based on availability at a later date.
New Students (Freshmen)
New students who deposit by May 1 are guaranteed housing. The college will continue to accept housing deposits after May 1, however, after May 1 students will be assigned housing based on availability and on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Students will be placed into housing after completing the steps above. Freshmen should complete their profile on MyCollegeRoomie. The application opens the beginning of May and students will receive an email to their Purchase account when it’s available. Students receive housing assignments in mid-July. All housing assignments are final.
Transfer students who deposit by June1 are guaranteed housing. The college will continue to accept housing deposits after June 1, however, after June 1 students will be assigned housing based on availability and on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Transfer students are placed into housing based on their age and amount of credits they enter with. The office will attempt to assign transfer students to a community with students of similar age and credit levels. Students will receive their housing assignment in mid-July. All housing assignments are final.
How to Pay Your Housing Deposit
To pay the housing deposit and complete the RLA and Housing Application questions, please follow the steps below:
- Go to www.purchase.edu/portal
- Click on myHeliotrope
- Sign in using your email and password
- Click the Housing and Meal Plans box
- Click on the Housing tab (submit housing deposit)
- Sign the Residence License Agreement directly after paying the deposit
The housing deposit is refundable until May 1, 2023.
Please note, all students living on campus for Fall 2022 must be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to moving on to campus.
Students who do not receive a booster shot must quarantine with a positive test or in close contact with a positive test.
Please email RSL@purchase.edu with any questions you may have. You can also review our Housing Selection FAQ.
- <div class="faq"> <div class="question"> <a href="/live/blurbs/692-i-am-not-a-member-of-a-four-person-group-but-i">I am not a member of a four-person group, but I want to live in gender-neutral housing.</a> </div> <div class="answer truncate"> <p> While you do not have to have a four-person group to attain this housing, our department has to ensure that we are truly creating a safe environment for those students who choose to live within this housing community. If you select a space that is not filled, you may be moved in order to fill another gender-neutral area.</p> <a class="more" href="#">keep reading <span class="lw_sr_only">FAQ</span>»</a> </div> </div>
- <div class="faq"> <div class="question"> <a href="/live/blurbs/690-i-am-not-eligible-for-the-apartments-but-i-really">I am not eligible for the apartments, but I really want to live in gender-neutral housing this year!</a> </div> <div class="answer truncate"> <p> Gender-neutral housing has been expanded! There are gende-neutral housing options in all of our housing communities on the campus!</p> <a class="more" href="#">keep reading <span class="lw_sr_only">FAQ</span>»</a> </div> </div>