Through the Office of Community Engagement, on-campus housing is offered to full-time, matriculated students. All residents must attend class and be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
DUE TO COVID-19:
All students will be housed within Outback, Fort Awesome, Wayback, Alumni Village, Commons and The Olde. Students will all be assigned to a private bedroom, with no more than 2 students sharing a bathroom. Housing areas that have multiple bedrooms (apartments and suites) will have one student assigned to each bedroom. All students must sign a COVID 19 Residence License Agreement Addendum prior to moving on to campus.
FALL 2021 Housing
All students must complete all of the following to be considered for housing:
- the Enrollment Deposit of $150.00
- the Housing Deposit of $250.00
- the completed Residence License Agreement
Commuter students need to only pay the enrollment deposit if housing is not needed. Residential students whom deposit and complete the RLA and housing application by May 7th will be prioritized for housing, but preference is given to those with in person courses and approved on campus activity. There will be no housing selection process for the fall 2021 semester. Students will be placed into housing after completing the aforementioned steps. Your application will include questions pertaining to your preference for housing. The office will try it’s best to house you based on these preferences but please be aware that all first choices cannot be granted. Students will receive their housing assignment in late June. All housing assignments are final.
In order to complete the process of paying your housing deposit and completing your RLA and Housing Application questions, please follow the steps below:
- Go to www.purchase.edu/portal
- Click on myHeliotrope
- Sign in using your e-mail & password
- Click the Housing and Meal Plans box
- Click on the Housing tab (submit housing deposit)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Assignments are made based on the availability of spaces on campus. OCE makes every effort to offer students their preferred housing type; however, it is not guaranteed.
Once your enrollment deposit, housing deposit and residence license agreement have been received, you will receive a Housing Assignment Notification from our office by May 10th 2021.
You will be notified of your room assignment by June 2021.
For the Fall 2021 semester, our office will begin to process transfer student housing applications after May 7. Transfer students will be notified of their housing assignment during the month of June.
- <div class="faq"> <div class="question">I am not a member of a four-person group, but I want to live in gender-neutral housing.</div> <div class="answer truncate"> <p> While you do not have to have a four-person group to attain this housing, our department has to ensure that we are truly creating a safe environment for those students who choose to live within this housing community. If you select a space that is not filled, you may be moved in order to fill another gender-neutral area.</p> <a class="more" href="#">keep reading <span class="lw_sr_only">FAQ</span>»</a> </div> </div>
- <div class="faq"> <div class="question">I am not eligible for the apartments, but I really want to live in gender-neutral housing this year!</div> <div class="answer truncate"> <p> Gender-neutral housing has been expanded! There are gende-neutral housing options in all of our housing communities on the campus!</p> <a class="more" href="#">keep reading <span class="lw_sr_only">FAQ</span>»</a> </div> </div>