The Olde, also referred to as Phase 1, is one of three (3) apartment complexes on campus, housing approximately 420 students. The Olde offers two types of apartment configurations: Four person quad apartments with two single bedrooms and a double bedroom, with full bath, living room/dining area and kitchen; and Eight person duplex apartments which have two single bedrooms, and three double bedrooms, two full baths, living room/dining area and kitchen.
The Olde is split up into three (3) streets, G-Street, H-Street, and J-Street. Each street has several blocks of apartments, with four (4) quads or two (2) duplexes per block. There are two laundry rooms, located on the corner of G-Street and J-Street, and the corner of H-Street and J-Street, shared by all occupants of the community.
Apartments in The Olde do not have air conditioning, elevators, nor sprinklers. The complex was painted in the summer of 2018. During Fall 2018, new benches, picnic tables and bike racks were installed. Additional interior and exterior renovations are being planned, including for summer 2019 of new flooring and furniture, as well as new electrical panels.
All apartments are furnished with:
- Dining Table and Chairs
- Living room furniture (couches and/or chairs and a coffee table)
- Refrigerator, stove/oven
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- One closet per room
- Cable TV connection/Ethernet
- Fire Extinguisher
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
Typical Furniture Sizes:
- Approximate Desk Size - 42 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Dresser Size - 30 inches Wide X 20 inches Deep X 42 inches High
- Approximate Bed Size - 36 inches Wide X 84 inches Long; with adjustable height
Take a virtual tour through a room within the Olde! While there may be some subtle differences within different apartments, the tour will take you through a standard four person apartment and eight person duplex within this community!
Once you are inside the tour, you will see an information tag that will outline a floor plan with room specifications and sizes.
While seven (7) upper-class Resident Assistants (RA) live in The Olde, residents are supported by the apartment Residence Coordinators (RC) and RAs through The Olde Community Center (OCC), located at the base of The Olde, at the intersection of G-Street and J-Street.
Typical Room Sizes:
- Single bedroom is approximately 8 feet Wide X 10 feet Long (with 1 closet - 4.5 feet Wide X 2.5 feet Deep)
- Double bedroom is approximately 11 feet Wide X 15.5 feet Long (with 1 closet - 8 feet Wide X 2.5 feet Deep)
- Quad living room is approximately 16 feet Wide X 11 feet Long
- Quad kitchen is approximately 7.5 feet Wide X 8.5 feet Long
- Duplex living room is approximately 12.5 feet Wide X 11 feet Long
- Duplex kitchen is approximately 7.5 feet Wide X 8.5 feet Long
Check out the status of the laundry machines in your building and see how much time is left on your machines by viewing our Laundry Tracker. You can also enter your email to get alerts when your machine is ready and/or done.