With its quaint and tranquil courtyard, the Commons offers the most unique living experience on campus. One of three apartment complexes, the Commons allows upper classmen to live side-by-side with both faculty and staff.
The Commons is one of the three apartment complexes on campus. It houses approximately 375 upper-class students. The Commons has a staff of Resident Assistants who are specially selected upper class students trained to meet the needs of apartment residents, and a Residence Coordinator who is a live-in professional staff member.
The Commons offers three types of apartment configurations
- Two person apartment with one bedroom, full bath, living/dining room, and kitchen
- Four person apartment with two double bedrooms, one half bath and one full bath, living/dining room, and kitchen
- Six person apartment with three double bedrooms, two full baths, living/dining room, and kitchen
Apartment Furnishings and Amenities
All apartments are furnished with:
- Dining table and chairs
- Living room furniture (couches and/or chairs and coffee table)
- Full size refrigerator, stove/oven
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- Wireless internet, cable TV connection, Ethernet connection
- Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
Apartments in the Commons do NOT have
- Air conditioning
- Fire sprinklers (The Commons K Street has been installed with sprinklers)
- <h3 class="gallery-title">Photos</h3><a href="/live/galleries/31-the-commons"><img src="/live/image/gid/42/width/350/height/250/crop/1/1084_com.rev.1479158939.jpg" alt="Gallery Photo Thumbnail" class="lw_image" width="350" height="250" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/42/width/350/height/250/crop/1/1084_com.rev.1479158939.jpg 2x" data-max-w="800" data-max-h="530"/></a><h4><a href="/live/galleries/31-the-commons">The Commons</a></h4><div>Welcome to The Commons!</div>
Special Housing Options for Continuing Students in the Commons
Athletic Housing is found on P street of the Commons. Athletic housing is for any continuing students who participate in any of the recognized athletic teams on campus. The Office of Community Engagement works closely with Athletics to provide housing that meets the needs of all athletes. The Commons remains open during Thanksgiving break and spring break, and offers team members the opportunity to experience campus life together.
Gender Inclusive Housing provides students the opportunity to occupy a safe space housing option that does not require all room/apartment-mates to be of the same legal sex. Students applying for gender inclusive housing will apply in groups in order to fill a designated room, apartment, or suite. All students in the group must individually meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the specific area in which you are applying to live. If this area is located with the apartment communities, then all members of the group must either have 36 complete credits OR be 21 years of age at the time of application. As a new endeavor, we will be designating a day solely for gender inclusive housing in order to give more students the opportunity to select this housing. Information and details regarding housing selection will be sent to all student prior to the March start date. You will still be able to select gender inclusive housing throughout the entire selection process as long as there is still availability. Please note that students in gender neutral areas that are not filled (rooms, apartments, etc.) will be consolidated in order to pen more space for students who may not elect to live in this housing community. While you do not have to select with a group, it is encouraged to apply with a roommate group to avoid being moved to another area.