Cornerstone Connect has moved to a waitlist for the Fall 2023-Spring 2024 academic year. We are still accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling first come, first served basis. Students will be pull from our waitlist should spaces open up for the Fall or Spring semester. The current fee is $2950.00 per semester.
Cornerstone Connect is a fee-based comprehensive program offered to college-ready, self-motivated students seeking support in executive functioning growth and social skill building. With a focus on self-advocacy, we strive to provide our students with a toolkit to enhance their confidence and independence as it pertains to their academics, as well as social interactions. Through workshop series, peer mentoring, and social events, Cornerstone Connect provides opportunities for students to engage with their Cornerstone Connect cohort and to find ways to more confidently integrate into the larger campus community. Cornerstone Connect is a student-driven program in which students and their respective Learning Specialist will create semester plans to support the customization of sessions, which will in turn allow for the student and Learning Specialist to partner in addressing student goals as effectively as possible.
(Beginning Fall 2023)
- One weekly 1:1 customized session with professional Learning Specialist (45 minute session).
- Weekly group workshops with a focus on social and academic executive functioning skills with professional Learning Specialists.
- Presentations with Campus Partners.
- Two weekly open support sessions with professional Learning Specialists.
- Organized Peer Mentor dinners and activities.
- Peer Mentor open office hours and weekly meetings if requested.
- Cornerstone Connect sponsored Social Events (3-4 per semester).
Interest for Fall 2024-Spring 2025
Cornerstone Connect information sessions will take place via Microsoft Teams during the following dates/times:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please note that students must be admitted and deposited to Purchase College prior to applying to Cornerstone Connect. Please note, students should be the ones to complete their application. Applications are reviewed and accepted on a first come, first served basis until spaces are filled, at which point applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
Withdrawal Period and Refund Policy
While Cornerstone Connect is non-credit bearing, all policies pertaining to courses are also applicable to this service. As such, student have the option to drop Cornerstone Connect with no financial penalty as long as this is done within the outlined Add/Drop period, which can be found via the Academic Calendar. Beyond that time frame, withdrawal from Cornerstone Connect will result in a “W” on the student’s transcript and the associated fees will be issued back in accordance with the College’s Refund Policy.
Due to the high demand of Cornerstone Connect, participants who are unresponsive and/or consistently failing to attend sessions with their Learning Specialist during the semester will be unofficially withdrawn from the service. An unofficial withdrawal is an internal process in which the student would not receive a “W” on their transcript, however, their one-on-one sessions with their Learning Specialist would be suspended for the remainder of the semester. In addition, no refund would be provided. Unofficially withdrawn students are still welcome to attend weekly group sessions and social events but would have to reapply if they were interested in re-enrolling in Cornerstone Connect for the following semester.
The process for consistently missing sessions and unresponsiveness:
- First missed sessions, Learning Specialist will reach out directly to student via their Purchase College e-mail.
- Second missed sessions, Learning Specialist will reach out directly to student via their Purchase College e-mail.
- Third missed session, Learning Specialist will flag student through the Starfish system and will send an email to the student via their Purchase College e-mail, requesting a meeting with their Learning Specialist and the Director of ODR to discuss their enrollment.
- Fourth missed session, student will be unofficially withdrawn from the service.
- If there is a pattern of attending periodically but skipping sessions consistently, the Learning Specialist will schedule a meeting with the student and the Director of ODR to discuss enrollment. If the student does not attend this meeting, they will be unofficially withdrawn from the service.
*Please note that fees are subject to change each academic year.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more.