Official VoiceThread Workshop: VoiceThread Basics 3: Moderating comments, private and threaded replies, and copyingTime: 1:00pm—2:00pmIn this third workshop in the series, participants will learn how to give private feedback, use threaded commenting, copy VoiceThreads for use with multiple groups, and use comment moderation to formatively assess student work. Register now!
Webinar: What SUNY Faculty Need to Know About Adopting, Adapting, or Creating Open Educational ResourcesTime: 1:00pm—2:00pm
Time: 1:00pm—2:00pmParticipants will learn how VoiceThread can help educators provide multiple means of engagement, representation, action and expression for their courses. We will demonstrate how to use VoiceThread’s multi-modal communication platform, closed captioning features, and VoiceThread Universal to design accessible lessons. This will be the first showcase of the new VoiceThread Universal!
Ongoing External Workshop Series
- Lumen Learning: is one of the partners with SUNY OER Services to provide openly licensed textbooks, including their WayMaker personalized/adaptive learning tools and OHM online homework platform. Lumen is offering Back to School Success webinars for faculty, to cover setup and best practices for use of WayMaker and OHM tools.
- SUNY Remote Teaching Institute: Teaching & Learning in the Age of COVID-19: watch all session recordings of SUNY RTI at the SUNY RTI Playlist.
- SUNY Online Teaching Webinar Series: SUNY Online is committed to supporting campuses as they plan for an uncertain and unprecedented fall semester. The SUNY Online Teaching unit has developed a portfolio of resources in a variety of modes to best fit institutional or individual needs and is offering a monthly webinar series that will provide an overview of the various resources developed to support you through this semester and beyond. View the workshop schedule.
- VoiceThread: check out the Free Workshops page to register for upcoming VoiceThread sessions, including sessions focused on using VT in Moodle and Universal Design for Learning (UDL). Additional VoiceThread session recordings and tutorials are available at VoiceThread’s YouTube channel.
- Respondus: this comprehensive training webinar is intended for instructors who plan to use LockDown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor with online exams. The session provides a detailed demonstration of both applications, including enhancements that make Respondus Monitor even more effective and easy to use.
- Turnitin: register for an upcoming training webinar to learn more about Turnitin, including sessions on the Feedback Studio and Originality Check. You can also view Instructor Trainings and Demos at the Turnitin YouTube channel.
- Perusall: register for an upcoming webinar about this social annotation app and/or watch the Remote Teaching with Eric Mazur recording on YouTube.
- New England Educational Assessment Network (NEean): upcoming workshops focused on assessment as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Subscribe to our calendar of events!
MacOS iCal: select ‘New Calendar Subscription’ from the File menu; enter
(all on one line, with no line breaks) as the Calendar URL and click Subscribe; set the name and color you want to use for this calendar, and the refresh frequency; click OK to finalize your calendar subscription.
Microsoft Outlook: click on the Calendar icon at the bottom of the left side pane. In the upper menu, click on “Open Calendar” > “From Internet” > enter
(all on one line, with no line breaks) as the Calendar location; click OK. Next, click on the “Advanced” button to edit the Folder Name from “Purchase College Events” to “TLTC Events,” click OK and then click the “Yes” button to finalize your calendar subscription.
Want to review recordings from our past workshops?
- Visit the TLTC YouTube channel