Time: All DayElon University welcomes university and college educators to the 17th Annual Teaching & Learning Conference on Thursday, June 10, 2021 (please note the new early summer date to allow for conference ideas to percolate all summer long). This free, fully-virtual conference is sponsored jointly by Elon’s Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) and Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT). Proposal submissions are now open.
Time: All DayRSVP to join live for I Annotate 2021, an exciting program of panel discussions, keynotes, flash talks, and fun social activities all centered around open annotation — register even if you’re not sure you can attend and you’ll be able to view all session recordings at your convenience. “Reading Together” is this year’s theme, and we will be doing a lot of that with scholars, researchers, educators, technologists, publishers, fact checkers, and regular everyday folks enthusiastic about open annotation and the endless possibilities that emerge when we share, exchange, and build upon knowledge in open and welcoming ways.
Time: All DaySPECTRUM is the nation’s largest education conference devoted to preventing and responding to sexual and interpersonal violence against members of the LGBTQI+ community.
Time: 1:00pm—2:00pmPOD Scholarly Reads discussion group meeting: Martin, Travis L.; Winslow, Matthew P.; Gremp, Michelle A.; Korson, Stacey J.; Bedetti, Gaby; McMahan, Ellen Hutcheson; Stumbo, David; Short, Elaina; and Morrow, Holdyn (2021). “Ungrading Across the Disciplines: Reflections of a Professional Learning Community.” Pedagogicon Conference Proceedings. 7. Discussions are on the first Tuesday of the month from 1-2pm EST on Zoom. Please register at POD Scholarly Reads Registration - Summer 2021.
Time: 10:00am—3:00pmThe SUNY CPD OTTER Institute is an opportunity for online practitioners to learn more about the innovations, trends, and challenges with online education; see examples of best practices and learn about tools to create and deliver effective and engaging online course content; strengthen your understanding of accessibility and equity issues and see how to build courses with both in mind as you develop and deliver a truly inclusive course.
Time: All DayRegistration is open for the SUNY Technology Conference (vSTC 2021) at no cost to attendees! The conference will be held virtually on Tuesday, June 22 - Thursday, June 24. This year, STC will focus on how SUNY technologists have leveraged skills, creativity, and tools to help faculty engage with students and help the college workforce engage with each other. Join the community to reflect on how we have adapted and overcome these challenges and steep learning curves, and share successes and accomplishments.
Ongoing External Workshop Series
- Lumen Learning: is one of the partners with SUNY OER Services to provide openly licensed textbooks, including their WayMaker personalized/adaptive learning tools and OHM online homework platform. Lumen is offering Back to School Success webinars for faculty, to cover setup and best practices for use of WayMaker and OHM tools.
- SUNY Remote Teaching Institute: Teaching & Learning in the Age of COVID-19: watch all session recordings of SUNY RTI at the SUNY RTI Playlist.
- SUNY Online Teaching Webinar Series: SUNY Online is committed to supporting campuses as they plan for an uncertain and unprecedented fall semester. The SUNY Online Teaching unit has developed a portfolio of resources in a variety of modes to best fit institutional or individual needs and is offering a monthly SUNY Online Teaching Webinar Series that will provide an overview of the various resources developed to support you through this semester and beyond. View the SUNY Online Teaching Webinar workshop schedule. Review past sessions at the SUNY Online Teaching Playlist.
- VoiceThread: check out the Free VoiceThread Workshops page to register for upcoming VoiceThread sessions, including sessions focused on using VT in Moodle and Universal Design for Learning (UDL). Additional VoiceThread session recordings and tutorials are available at VoiceThread’s YouTube channel.
- Respondus: this comprehensive Respondus training webinar is intended for instructors who plan to use LockDown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor with online exams. The session provides a detailed demonstration of both applications, including enhancements that make Respondus Monitor even more effective and easy to use.
- Turnitin: register for an upcoming Turnitin training webinar to learn more about Turnitin, including sessions on the Feedback Studio and Originality Check. You can also view Turnitin Instructor Trainings and Turnitin Demos at the Turnitin YouTube channel.
- Perusall: register for an upcoming Perusall webinar about this social annotation app and/or watch the Remote Teaching with Eric Mazur recording on YouTube.
- New England Educational Assessment Network (NEean): upcoming NEean workshops focused on assessment as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Subscribe to our calendar of events!
MacOS iCal: select ‘New Calendar Subscription’ from the File menu; enter
(all on one line, with no line breaks) as the Calendar URL and click Subscribe; set the name and color you want to use for this calendar, and the refresh frequency; click OK to finalize your calendar subscription.
Microsoft Outlook: click on the Calendar icon at the bottom of the left side pane. In the upper menu, click on “Open Calendar” > “From Internet” > enter
(all on one line, with no line breaks) as the Calendar location; click OK. Next, click on the “Advanced” button to edit the Folder Name from “Purchase College Events” to “TLTC Events,” click OK and then click the “Yes” button to finalize your calendar subscription.
Want to review recordings from our past workshops?
- Visit the TLTC YouTube channel