Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being
What We’re Doing
The Counseling Center offers individual and group counseling to students at Purchase College, in support of their mental health.
EH&S guarantees compliance with related regulations to ensure the health and safety of our campus community
The tobacco free policy is driven by respect for others and the environment
Purchase commits that all new construction and major renovation projects on campus are to be built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver standards or beyond.
Ways to Get Involved
- Get involved with students organizations such as The Alternative Center, Planned Parenthood, Purchase College Emergency Medical Services, and Zumba Club, among others.
- Complete a Health Promotion internship or work study with the Harbor Center.
- Take yoga classes through the Harbor Center.
- Play intramural athletics.
- Purchase offers classes related to health and wellbeing. Check out courses in Psychology, Biology, Biochemistry, and Chemistry to learn more.*
*Contact us if you would like your department course page listed.
What Else We’re Doing
- The Office of Residential and Student Life supports student health via events (e.g. healthy eating programs, virtual exercise classes).
- First Year Seminar has a focus on student success and how that is related to health and well-being.
- Various student services departments provide basic toiletries and necessities to students.
- The Advising Center works with students to ensure their workload is manageable to reduce stress.
- Facilities limits the use of toxic chemicals in their cleaning products
- Bike racks and greenspaces across campus promote outdoor exercise and activity