Welcome to Counseling & Behavioral Health Services!
To talk with a counselor or schedule a confidential appointment call (914) 251-6390, M-F, from 9 am–5 pm, or email your phone contact to COU.firstname.lastname@example.org. We help with stress, crisis response, personal problems, mental health, sexual assault and abuse, and substance use matters. Students may contact us for long term local referrals. We are located in Humanities, Lower Level. Individual and group counseling occurs in HUM LL. Health Promotion programs and stress reduction classes are in the Harbor Center, Fort Awesome.
Medical or Life-Threatening Emergencies
- For immediate response in a medical emergency or life-threatening situation at any time, contact the New York State University Police (NYSUP) at (914) 251-6911.
Emergency Help for Assault or Sexual Violence/Abuse
Emergency help is available through Campus Advocacy Services.
Monday—Friday, 9 am–5 pm: Walk in for help at the Counseling Center, lower level of the Humanities Building, or call (914) 251-6390 to schedule an appointment with the Victim Advocate.
- After 5 pm and on weekends: our confidential CBHS Office answering service is the Nurse Advice Line: 1-888-969-3911. The answering service will have a nurse first speak with then connect callers with mental health emergencies or requesting first response for sexual assault with the Counselor on Call. Students may also walk into Headquarters or call NYSUP at 914.251.6911 to request the On Call Counselor or Campus Victim Advocate.
Mental Health Talk/Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
dial or text 988 (staffed by the National SPL and NYS crisis counselors)
- Walk-in psychiatric Evaluation 24/7 at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Harrison, NY
- Crisis Prevention & Response Team of St. Vincent’s Hospital, call 914-925-5959 for mobile services in Westchester County to discuss your needs or meet you at your location.
- SAAVE Toll Free Bilingual Rape Crisis Hotline: 1-833-220-2444
New York State Hotline for Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence:
- Crime Victim’s Connect Call or text 1-855-484-2846 referral helpline. Learn about rights and options.
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
Student of Color crisis support: Text STEVE to 741741
LGBTQ support call The Trevor Project: 866-488-7386
The Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- NY Project Hope COVID Emotional Support Hotline: 1-844-863-9314