Welcome to Counseling & Behavioral Health Services! See you at Orientation!
To talk with a counselor and to schedule a confidential appointment call (914) 251-6390, M-F, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., or email your phone contact to COU.firstname.lastname@example.org. We help with stress, crisis response, personal problems, mental health and/or substance use matters. Students may contact us for long term local referrals. We are located in Humanities, Lower Level. Regular counseling sessions in HUM LL and Healthy Purchase programming at the Harbor Center in Fort Awesome will resume in the Fall 2022 semester.
Racial and Social Justice are Mental Health Needs
Our staff recognize there may be an increased need for Mental Health Resources for Students Impacted by Racial Injustice. We wish to express our grief, sorrow and compassion to students hurting due to race-based tragedies occurring across our nation. We are committed to affirming and providing care for our students who have been directly or vicariously impacted by trauma caused by racism, bigotry, prejudice and indifference. We assert that there is no true mental health where there is systemic inequity and hatred.
- For immediate response in a medical emergency or life threatening situation, please contact the New York State University Police (NYSUP) at (914) 251-6911
- After 5 p.m. and on weekends, the Purchase College On Call Counselor or Campus Victim Advocate can be contacted for mental health emergencies or a first response for interpersonal violence via the confidential Nurse Advice Line at 1-888-969-3911.
- Walk-in psychiatric Evaluation 24/7 at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Harrison, NY
- Crisis Prevention & Response Team of St. Vincent’s Hospital, call 914-925-5959 for mobile services in Westchester County to discuss your needs or meet you at your location.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- SAAVE Toll Free Bilingual Rape Crisis Hotline: 1-833-220-2444
New York State Hotline for Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence:
- Crime Victim’s Connect Call or text 1-855-484-2846 referral helpline. Learn about rights and options.
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
Student of Color crisis support: Text STEVE to 741741
LGBTQ support call The Trevor Project: 866-488-7386
The Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- NY Project Hope COVID Emotional Support Hotline: 1-844-863-9314