Wayback will house upper-class students beginning in August 2019.
Wayback is one of three (3) residence halls that serve our upper-class residence hall community, housing approximately 300 upper-class residents. Rooms are four-person suites, with two (2) singles, one (1) double, a small shared common area and private bathrooms. The building will have 2 elevators off the main lobby of the building.
Student housing is located on the first, second, third and fourth floors – each floor having a garbage room, and a large study lounge. The first floor will have a bike storage room, large entertainment space, including a gaming area and community kitchenette. The entire building will also be key-less, allowing residents to enter the building, their suite and bedrooms by utilizing their ID card.
Wayback is the newest residence hall, having been completed in the summer of 2019. As with all our new buildings, Wayback is designed to meet Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards. It includes solar panels on the roof, energy-efficient heating and cooling equipment, and was built with renewable or recycled materials.
Winter PREP Housing is offered in Wayback.
- <h3 class="gallery-title">Photos</h3><a href="/live/galleries/206-new-residence-hall-construction-photos"><img src="/live/image/gid/42/width/350/height/250/crop/1/7403_April_3_2018_Constrcution_Site_of_Tree_Removal.rev.1522930020.jpg" alt="Gallery Photo Thumbnail" class="lw_image" width="350" height="250" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/42/width/350/height/250/crop/1/7403_April_3_2018_Constrcution_Site_of_Tree_Removal.rev.1522930020.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/42/width/350/height/250/crop/1/7403_April_3_2018_Constrcution_Site_of_Tree_Removal.rev.1522930020.jpg 3x" data-max-w="3200" data-max-h="2400"/></a><h4><a href="/live/galleries/206-new-residence-hall-construction-photos">New Residence Hall Construction Photos</a></h4><div>New Residence Hall Construction Photos</div>
Suite Door Pin Set Up/Reset:
Wayback is a keyless building and residents will access their suite and bedrooms by using their ID card. In addition to gaining entry into your suite with your ID, residents also need to enter a 4 digit pin. To expedite your check-in and arrival, residents should set their PIN beforehand by visiting the PIN RESET portal. PINS can be reset at any time throughout the semester for your safety and convenience.
Support for Students:
Seven (7) upper-class Resident Assistants (RA) live in Wayback, and work to support students under the direction of one (1) Residence Coordinator (RC) to help students continue to grow while at Purchase College.
As with all our new buildings, Wayback is designed to meet Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards. It will include solar panels on the roof, energy-efficient heating and cooling equipment, and will be built with renewable or recycled materials.
Wayback rooms are furnished with:
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and combined dresser/armoire per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- Cable TV connection
- Wireless Internet
- Smoke/Heat Detectors
- Controlled heating/cool air
- Loveseat and end table in the common area
Check out the status of the laundry machines in your building and see how much time is left on your machines by viewing our Laundry Tracker. You can also enter your email to get alerts when your machine is ready and/or done.
Typical Furniture Sizes:
- Approximate Desk Size - TBD
- Approximate Dresser Size - TBD
- Approximate Bed Size - TBD
- Approximate Armoire Size: TBD
Typical Room Sizes:
- Doubles are typically - TBD
- Singles are typically - TBD
- Bathroom is typically - TBD