Outback is one of three residence halls that serve our upperclass residence hall community, housing approximately 180 residents. Most rooms are doubles with private bathrooms. There are approximately four suites, each housing four residents. The four suites have small kitchenettes.
Student housing is located on the first, second, third and fourth floors. Each has a small study lounge, as well as some larger lounges on the second and lower levels.
Outback is conveniently located on the Quad, adjacent to the Dining Hall (D-Hall) and has two elevators off the front entrance lobby.
Outback Room Furnishings
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- One closet per resident
- Cable TV connection
- Wireless Internet
- Smoke/Heat Detectors
- Controlled heating/cool air by each room individually
Typical Furniture Size
- Desk Size: 42 inches wide x 24 inches deep x 31 inches high
- Dresser Size: 30 inches wide x 20 inches deep x 42 inches high
- Bed Size: 36 inches wide x 84 inches long, with adjustable height
- Closet Size: 36 inches wide x 24 inches deep
All dimensions are approximate.
Typical Room Size
- Traditional Doubles are typically 11 feet wide x 15 feet long
- Bathroom is typically 4 feet wide x 5 feet long
Support for Students
While five upperclass Resident Assistants (RA) live in Outback, the staff of both Outback & Fort Awesome work to support students under the direction of one Residence Coordinator (RC) to help students continue to grow while at Purchase College.
Check out the status of the laundry machines in your building and see how much time is left on your machines by viewing our Laundry Tracker. You can also enter your email to get alerts when your machine is ready and/or done.
Take a virtual tour through a room within Outback. While there may be some subtle differences within different rooms in the building, the tour will take you through standard two-person room and one of the four-person suites.
Once you are inside the tour, you will see an information tag that will outline a floor plan with room specifications and sizes.