Outback Residence Hall houses the Substance-Free Housing program on campus. This area houses students that are committed to substance-free living.
Outback is one of 5 residence halls at Purchase. It houses approximately 180 upper-class students.
Outback offers double rooms with private bathrooms. There are a select few rooms that are designed as suites, which also allow for access to a private bathroom.
Outback rooms are furnished with:
- Air conditioning
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- Cable TV connection
- Wireless Internet
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
- Fire Sprinklers
- Centralized Laundry room
Outback is equipped with two elevators in the building.
Residents who live in Outback are required to be enrolled in a meal plan.
Typical Furniture Size:
- Approximate Desk Size - 42 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Dresser Size - 30 inches Wide X 20 inches Deep X 42 inches High
- Approximate Bed Size - 36 inches Wide X 84 inches Long; with adjustable height
- Approximate Closet Size: 36 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep
Substance-Free Housing Program:
Outback Residence Hall houses the Substance-Free housing program. Students in substance-free housing agree to remain drug, smoke, and alcohol free.
Students that are found responsible for use of any of these substances will be removed from this housing area. This housing is located in Outback. Please note: All Purchase College residence halls are drug and smoke free, and all first-year residence halls are designated as alcohol free.
Support for Students:
While four upper-class Resident Assistants (RAs) live in Outback, the staff of both Fort Awesome & Outback (FortBack) work to support students under the direction of one Residence Coordinator who is a live-in professional staff member.
Typical Room Size:
- Traditional Doubles are typically 11 feet Wide X 15 feet Long
- Bathroom is typically 4 feet Wide X 5 feet Long