Alumni Village is one of three (3) apartment communities on campus, offering apartments with four single bedrooms for upper-class students that includes a kitchen, 1 full bath and a living room/dining area. Additionally, these apartments include a stackable washer and dryer unit (please note that ADA units have a slightly different layout, which includes adjacent washer and dryer – not stackable). The apartment has an air conditioner centrally located in the living room (not in individual bedrooms), which is controlled by external temperature readings.
Alumni Village is split up into thirteen (13) buildings, with eight (8) apartments per building – 1-4 on the ground level, and 5-8 upstairs. Building ten (10) has the Alumni Village Community Center (AVCC), which is a shared communal space utilized by students and staff for hanging out and programming; because of this, this building only has six (6) apartments. Please note that there are no elevators in the apartments allowing access to the second floors.
Academic PREP housing and Winter PREP housing options are available within Alumni Village.
All apartments are furnished with:
- Dining Table and Chairs
- Living room furniture (couches and/or chairs and a coffee table)
- Refrigerator, stove/oven
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- One closet per resident
- Cable TV connection/Ethernet
- Fire Extinguisher
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Sprinklers
Typical Furniture Sizes:
- Approximate Desk Size - 42 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Dresser Size - 29 inches Wide X 19 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Bed Size - 36 inches Wide X 84 inches Long; with adjustable height
- Approximate Closet Size: 36 inches Wide X 36 inches Deep
Take a virtual tour through a room within the Alumni Village! While there may be some subtle differences within different rooms, the tour will take you through a standard apartment within this community!
Once you are inside the tour, you will see an information tag that will outline a floor plan with room specifications and sizes.
Support for Students:
While eight (8) upper-class Resident Assistants (RA) live in Alumni Village, residents are supported by the apartment Residence Coordinators (RC) and RAs through The Olde Community Center (OCC), located at the base of The Olde, at the intersection of G-Street and J-Street.
Typical Room Sizes:
- Single bedroom is approximately 10 feet Wide X 11 feet Long (with 1 closet)
- Kitchen is approximately 8 feet Wide X 13 feet Long
- Living Room is approximately 11 feet Wide X 16 feet Long
- Shower/Toilet area is approximately 3 feet Wide X 6 feet Long
- Bathroom sink area is approximately 3.5 feet Wide X 4 feet long
Check out the status of the laundry machines in your building and see how much time is left on your machines by viewing our Laundry Tracker. You can also enter your email to get alerts when your machine is ready and/or done.