Alumni Village offers apartments with four single bedrooms for upperclass students that includes a kitchen, full bath and living room/dining area.
Alumni Village is one of three apartment complexes at Purchase. It houses approximately 400 upperclass students.
All apartments are furnished with:
- Air conditioning (only in living room, not individual bedrooms)
- Washer and dryer
- Dining Table and Chairs
- Living room furniture (couches and/or chairs and a coffee table)
- Refrigerator, stove/oven
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- Cable TV connection/Ethernet
- Fire Extinguisher
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Sprinklers
There are no elevators in Alumni Village.
Typical Furniture Sizes:
- Approximate Desk Size - 42 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Dresser Size - 29 inches Wide X 19 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Bed Size - 36 inches Wide X 84 inches Long; with adjustable height
- Approximate Closet Size: 36 inches Wide X 36 inches Deep
Take a virtual tour through a room within the Alumni Village! While there may be some subtle differences within different rooms, the tour will take you through a standard apartment within this community!
Once you are inside the tour, you will also see an info tag (white circle outlined in blue) that will outline a floor plan with room specs and sizes!
All Apartments in Alumni Village now have Wireless Internet!
Residents who live in Alumni Village are not required to enroll in a meal plan, but are encouraged to review the special apartment meal plan options available to them.
Support for Students:
While eight upper-class Resident Assistants (RAs) live in the community, residents are supported by the apartment Residence Coordinators (RCs) and RAs through The Olde Community Center, located at the base of The Olde, at the intersection of G and J streets.
Typical Room Sizes:
- Single bedroom is approximately 10 feet Wide X 11 feet Long (with 1 closet)
- Kitchen is approximately 8 feet Wide X 13 feet Long
- Living Room is approximately 11 feet Wide X 16 feet Long
- Shower/Toilet area is approximately 3 feet Wide X 6 feet Long
- Bathroom sink area is approximately 3.5 feet Wide X 4 feet long
Special Housing Options for Continuing Students in Alumni Village
PREP Housing (Purchase Residence Extension Program) is a housing option that provides housing over breaks when the college residential facilities are closed. There is an additional cost associated with both types of PREP housing. You do not need to fill a group roster, you may sign up by space. All spaces are apartment singles in Alumni Village. You either sign up for full year PREP (May-May) or academic year PREP (Aug– May). You will be assigned an apartment, matching academic year PREP together and full year PREP together. We cannot guarantee apartment mate preferences.
Gender Inclusive Housing provides students the opportunity to occupy a safe space housing option that does not require all room/apartment-mates to be of the same legal sex. Students applying for gender-neutral housing can apply in groups in order to fill a designated room, apartment, or suite. All students in the group must individually meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the specific area in which you are applying to live. If this area is located with the apartment communities, then all members of the group must either have 36 completed credits OR be 21 years of age at the time of application. Information and details regarding housing selection will be sent to all student prior to the March start date. You will still be able to select gender inclusive housing throughout the entire selection process as long as there is still availability. Please note that students in gender inclusive areas that are not filled (rooms, apartments, etc) will be consolidated in order to open more space for students who may not elect to live in this housing community. While you do not have to select with a group, it is encouraged to apply with a roommate group to avoid being moved to another area.