Current International Students
Announcement about our International Students
Fall 2020 SEVP updates
Our international students are a vital part of our community, so we were heartened to learn on July 14 that the U.S. government decided return to previous guidelines for international students as established by the March 9 policy directive and the addendum issued on March 13. Notably, the spring guidelines permit students to take courses fully online and remain in active SEVIS status.
SEVP issued a new set of FAQs on August 7, and we are in the process of interpreting those directives in consultation with our international colleagues from across SUNY, the SUNY Office of Global Affairs, as well as SUNY General Counsel.
We are committed to working with each international student on a case by case basis to ensure that they can achieve a course of study that is appropriate to their current situation and academic program.
For any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.Keep reading announcement»
Our office is here to help you navigate life at Purchase. We have linked below to campus offices and other information that we think is relevant to you as an international student.
Life at Purchase
- The Campus Life page is FULL of information about sleeping, eating, exercising and having fun on campus.
- The International Student Association is a great way to connect with other foreign students on campus and to plan fun and engaging programming for ALL students.
- The Multicultural Center provides a space for all Purchase community members to explore, learn, and share their cultural identities and differences and celebrate our campus’s diversity.
- The Counseling Center offers individual and group counseling related to topics such as cultural adjustment, homesickness, and stress and anxiety, among many others.
- Go here to get a list of all of the offices and services available on campus with a link to their webpage
- Purchase offers numerous resources and supports to ensure students are successful in their academic endeavors.
- The library is an indispensable resource on campus. You can learn about what services and tools they offer to help you succeed academically.
- The Learning Center offers a system of support that ranges from course-specific tutoring to broad instruction in writing and study skills-a great resource for students adjusting to the American education system.
Current F-1 Students
In addition to the resources listed here, international students with an F-1 Visa can find more information about maintaining your visa status, obtaining employment, and domestic and international travel on the Current F-1 Students page.