Campus Smart Classrooms
CTS manages and operates the technology-enhanced “smart” classrooms that are located throughout the campus.
CTS works closely with the faculty Instructional Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) to build and upgrade technology enhanced classrooms in an effort to make all classrooms technology enhanced rooms. Most of these rooms are equipped with a podium, computer, data projector, wireless Ethernet, and a TV/DVD/VCR, and a telephone hotline for support services.
Please note that the newest classrooms contain DVD players, but not VCRs. Extron switcher/scalers have been upgraded.
All of the new smart classrooms in the Humanities building are equipped the same: Extron push button controls, new HP computer, display monitor, projector, Blu-ray player, external DVD player (on top of Blu-ray), audio system/amplifier, and a port to connect a laptop. There are no VCRs.
Assistive Listening Technology Equipped Rooms
(Note: The Listen Tech system sends computer audio to a wireless headset.)
- Humanities: All classrooms, conference rooms and Humanities Theatre are equipped with the Listen Tech system. Humanities 1032 lecture hall is equipped with microphones.
- Social Sciences: Rooms 1006 and 1038 are equipped with the Listen Tech system. Social Sciences 1006 is equipped with a microphone.
- Natural Sciences: Room 0037 is equipped with the Listen Tech system.
- Center for Media, Film, and Theatre: Rooms 0065; 2044; 3031 and 3033 are equipped with the Listen Tech system.
- Library: Room 0001 is equipped with the Listen Tech system.