Account Locked Out
When an account is locked out, the cause is due to multiple login attempts using an incorrect password. For security, the account locks itself out for approximately 20 minutes. It should be accessible after 20 minutes. If you happen to get this message when trying to access Purchase email, here are a few things to check. You can always contact CTS via Zoom Chat for assistance.
- This usually happens shortly after the email account password is changed. Check and update your password on all computers and devices trying to connect to Purchase email, WiFi, or anything that requires a login with username/email password. You can always request another password reset.
- If you have a mobile device, please make sure the password is updated on the device itself. You can also remove the purchase.edu account and re-add it. Be sure to use purchase.edu as the domain name and securemail.purchase.edu as the server name. Also, make sure that any cached passwords in the mobile device browser are cleared out.
- If you use the PurchaseWiFi network with your mobile device on campus, please update that with your current password. You can have the device forget the WiFi network and then re-add to do this.
- If you have an off campus computer with Outlook configured for Purchase email, the home computer might still be pinging the Exchange server with an incorrect password. Reconfigure the email client with your current password. There is a document on this Wiki called Configuring Outlook which provides instructions on how to do that.
- You should flush cache/cookies/passwords on personal computer Web browsers to make sure an old password is not cached and trying to sign into Outlook Web Access. See this page on how to flush cache/cookies.
- Check your on campus computer for cached passwords also (see previous).