SUNY Print Initiative - Administrative Printing
In June 2020, SUNY mandated campus participation in their Office Print Management initiative. A local Print Management Team was formed by the CFO and has been working with SUNY and their vendors for the last 2- ¾ years.
We are pleased to announce that that effort has now culminated in the purchase of new high-efficiency printers that are being deployed across campus this spring. Replacing our hodge-podge of creaky old printers with reliable new high-efficiency printers will also dramatically reduce the college’s print expenses going forward. More information can be found in our Pharos Printing FAQ.
Administrative Printer Locations
- This initiative covers all Administrative Office Printing expenses across campus.
- Student printing in Computer Labs, classrooms and the Library is not included at this time and will continue to use the existing Paper Cut system. Further savings on student printers are clearly achievable, and CTS will be looking to convert student computer labs to the new printers later this year.
- Participating in the SUNY Print Initiative provides significant savings for Purchase College.
- The most expensive printers to operate – desktop printers – will be eliminated.
- Default print settings B/W and double-sided for everything and everyone. Change the default settings when you need to.
- Color printing should be avoided – but will remain available to all.
Keep It Up!
Continuing to reduce the amount you print will help the College achieve strategic goal 1.1.5: Expand our commitment to sustainable environmental practices, while reducing expenses.
Avoid returning to old printing habits and save trees. We have all embraced Electronic Meetings and Electronic Documents over last 3 years, and we should continue using those options to share information. CTS can provide tips to help you make good use of electronic documents.