Teaching & Learning Days, Fall 2019
Welcome back to all our returning faculty, and for new faculty, welcome to Purchase. Please join the TLTC and Library for our Fall 2019 Teaching & Learning Days.
We’ve scheduled workshop sessions on the afternoons of Wednesday, August 21 (after the Welcome Back Faculty Luncheon) and Thursday, August 22 (after the Welcome Back Student BBQ):
- We know lots of faculty want Moodle assistance at this time, so we have Moodle Open Studio sessions running throughout both afternoons.
- There will also be a session dedicated to Configuring and Using the Moodle Gradebook on Thursday, 8/22 at 2:00pm-3:00pm in Library Lab 1004C. This is the best time to receive assistance with your Moodle gradebook!
- All of SUNY has moved to a new shared Library Services Platform this summer. Come see a preview of the new system with our librarians. This session will be offered on both Day 1 and Day 2.
- Accessibility continues to be an important initiative for Purchase this year. We have sessions to help you ensure your Word docs, PowerPoint presentations, and PDFs are accessible to all of your students.
- Academic Integrity sessions, also offered twice, will discuss not only the campus reporting and hearing process, but also provide practical tips on talking with your students about plagiarism and designing your course to reduce its occurrence. Register for the Academic Integrity session on Day 1 and/or Day 2.
- Teaching and Learning sessions to be offered include developing online presentations, tips for engaging your students in class, and the use of rubrics and other approaches to effective grading.
For a complete schedule, session descriptions, and registration, please visit Teaching & Learning Days, Fall 2019.
We hope to see you there!