Cross-Registration at Manhattanville College
Manhattanville College and Purchase College allow a limited number of matriculated students from each institution to cross-register at the other institution, typically for coursework not offered on their home campus. There is no additional tuition charged for cross-registered courses, but additional fees may be assessed for certification courses (excluding teaching certification).
Students require the permission of both institutions to cross-register. Purchase students who are interested in cross-registering at Manhattanville:
- should consult with an advisor at both Purchase and Manhattanville before registration; and
- must obtain the signatures of their advisor and the registrar on the Cross-Registration Form.
Depending on its needs, Manhattanville College may completely restrict its registration in some areas. Manhattanville courses that are generally not available to Purchase students through cross-registration are:
- Studio art
- Management and economics
- Computer science
- Independent study
- Certification courses
- Any course that is offered at Purchase
Cross-Registration through Another SUNY College
The intent of a student taking cross-registered course(s) is to complement the student’s overall academic program when an equivalent course is not available at Purchase College or the enrollment capacity has been reached in all Purchase College offerings. Not all SUNY schools participate in the SUNY Cross-Registration.
- available for fall and spring semesters only
- student must be matriculated in a degree program
- student must be in good academic standing
- student must be registered for at least 6 credits at Purchase for the semester
- student must have no holds that prevent registration
The request may be denied if the:
- the course is not available at purchase college
- the course is not degree applicable
- the course can be completed at a later time without a delay to graduation
- the course puts you over the credit maximum for the term
- registration deadline has passed
- Consult with your advisor and complete the preapproval to transfer credits.
- Upload the completed preapproval form and course description to the SUNY Cross Registration request system. The request will not be reviewed until these steps have been taken.
If you are interested in having financial aid applied to the cost please consult email@example.com. All registration requirements/pre-approvals must be satisfied in order to have financial aid cover costs.
You are responsible for fully understanding and abiding by all policies, procedures, regulations, and deadlines set by Purchase college as well as your home campus.
Following your home campus’ approval, registration will be provided on a space-available basis, after Purchase college students have had an opportunity to enroll. If space is available, the Registrar’s Office will process your registration. Courses for which you have registered for prior to receiving official approval will not be covered. This may result in additional tuition charges/fees.
The request may be denied if space in the course is unavailable and/or the registration deadline has passed prior to home institution approval.
Long Island University
Collaborative agreements with Purchase College have made it possible for LIU Hudson to offer unique opportunities to qualified students, alumni and full-time employees of Purchase College to earn graduate degrees in a variety of programs. Visit http://www.liu.edu/Hudson/Academics/Purchase-community for more information.