Order Your Official Transcript

Electronic transcripts are emailed in PDF format. Official e-transcripts are typically processed within one hour of authorization. Mailed transcripts are sent to the US. Postal Service within 3 to 5 business days. Attachments can be uploaded and sent with your transcripts using Parchment.

Please note:

  • Any fees associated with Parchment are solely for their service.
  • The release of a transcript requires the signed authorization of the student.
  • It is your responsibility to confirm that all grades and degrees are posted before you place your order.
  • Current students with access to MyHeliotrope can access their unofficial transcript via the Student Records menu.
  • We cannot send transcripts from other institutions. If you have transfer credits, transcripts for those courses must be requested from the originating institution.

What is an official transcript?

An academic transcript is a record of each credit course a student enrolled in during their tenure at Purchase College. It lists the course numbers, titles, credits, and grades earned, along with any available degree information. Hard-copy transcripts and other academic records are considered official when they arrive in a sealed, stamped, official envelope with the seal and any other security feature intact. Electronic transcripts are considered official when we receive them from a secure site formally linked to the sending institution or testing service.

Academic records received in any other condition, such as transcripts that arrive in an unsealed envelope, or that are emailed or uploaded by the student, or that are printed from the university portal, are not considered official.


To request an official transcript to be sent via traditional mail directly from the Registrar’s Office, students can complete a standard transcript request form. Transcripts requested directly from the Registrar’s Office cannot be provided immediately upon request and may take five to seven business days to fulfill. Former students who would like to obtain an unofficial transcript must also complete a transcript request form.