Parents and Guests
During your own program, we will tailor information specifically for parents and family members so that we can properly address all of your important questions, concerns, and to-do items.
Parent and Family Orientation Sessions
We want to help with your transition, too! Throughout the Orientation process, parents and guests will meet faculty, staff, administrators and learn about on-campus resources and off-campus partners. In order to accomplish this we will also host specific events for you to participate in.
Family sessions include topics such as:
- Health and wellness (personal and campus-wide)
- Co-curricular engagement opportunities and unique campus offerings
- Student Financial Services
- Living on campus
- Academic sessions with faculty and staff
This webpage will continue to be updated but all official communications regarding summer Orientation will be emailed to your student’s Purchase email address. Please encourage your student to check their Purchase email often.
Family Members of First-Year Students:
We will offer multiple Orientation sessions this July, in-person and virtual, to meet our newest members of the Purchase Community. Attendance is required for new first-year students, family members are not required to attend.
Family Member Registration/Participation:
After your student registers for Orientation and submits their one guest’s contact information you will need to confirm your attendance by purchasing a guest ticket below. Registration and ticket sales open on June 1 at noon (EST). Ticket sales are now closed.
- First Year Session Dates include:
- Tuesday, July 13: In-Person Session
- Wednesday, July 14: In-Person Session
- Thursday, July 15: In-Person Session
- Friday, July 16: Virtual Session - there is no guest program on this day.
- Monday, July 19: In-Person Session
- Tuesday, July 20: In-Person Session for EOP/MAP & Success Fellow Students
Family Members of Transfer Students:
- Wednesday, July 21: In-Person Session for Transfer Students
- August Date: TBD
Tuesday, June 15 at 6:00pm (EST). This virtual experience is optional, but recommended for students and their family members who need or want specific information on:
- Counseling & Behavioral Health Services
- Office of Disability Resources
- Student Financial Services
- Academic Advising & Class Registration
- Campus Housing
These virtual sessions will occur on June 29/30 or August 2/3 and will provide an opportunity for students & family members to meet with faculty and staff in specific academic areas. You will not need to attend in June and August, we are hosting the same session twice to accommodate schedules.
Important Information Regarding Summer Sessions:
- Students will be able to register for the Session (In-Person or Virtual) of their choosing beginning June 1. Due to the volume, any emails received with date preferences prior to this date may not be responded to.
- It will cost $30.00 for a guest to attend the Orientation program with their student. This cost covers the cost of program materials, meals, giveaways, and staffing.
- Students will be able to bring ONLY ONE (1) guest - parent, guardian, support system to their July session; information will be posted on this page as well as included in May communication to their Purchase email account. Students are not required to bring a guest.
- The one parent or guest who is attending a session must pre-register and pay by Thursday, July 1 at 12:00pm (EST). Late registrations will not be honored. Guests who arrive the day-of without pre-registration will not be allowed to participate.
- Additional guests - beyond the one - will not allowed to participate.
- A parent or guest must attend the same session as their student does.
- There are specific capacity numbers for each day to maintain small groups, social distancing, and other health & safety logistics. Dates will be filled on a first come, first registered basis. Once a date has closed, additional spots will not be added.
- Updated Health & Safety Information is located on the July Orientation Program Details webpage.
July In-Person Session Information/Details:
Please view this webpage for updated information regarding the July In-Person Sessions being held on July 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, or 21.
Student Orientation Program
Your student has an entire program designed to assist in their transition to Purchase College and create opportunities for them to connect and meet other students. This virtual program will have various components, specific details can be found:
Academic Year Information:
Throughout the academic year, parents and family members should be sure to visit the Parent and Family page for up to date resources and new information.