Mission and Outcomes
We hope to make the transition to college life a smooth one.
During Orientation at Purchase College, we aim to welcome and support new students and their families during the transition to the Purchase College community by building meaningful connections among the students, and with faculty and staff. We introduce students to our academic programs, support services, and co-curricular opportunities, as we set the stage for students to continue to grow intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
New students will...
- Acquire the tools necessary to ensure a smooth transition to life as a Purchase College student.
- Become comfortable and familiar with the campus community by making personal connections with fellow new students, staff, and faculty who will be instrumental in their academic success.
- Learn about the policies, expectations, and requirements for their college careers.
Parents and guests will...
- Gain a sense of familiarity and comfort with the college, its values, and expectations.
- Learn about resources available to support their student academically, socially, and emotionally in order to foster success.
- Develop an understanding of their student’s adjustment as they transition to Purchase College and their role in the process.
All student participants can expect to…
- Meet and socialize with other incoming students.
- Learn about our unique campus and the resources available to help you in all areas.
- Meet faculty and staff who can answer questions about academic programs and Purchase College in general.
- Acclimate to your new home.
- Explore the campus on tours.