Woo-hoo, you’re coming to Purchase. Congratulations!
We’re looking forward to getting to know you and helping you succeed over the next few years! College is a new beginning and we realize it can be a little intimidating, but through a summer-long Orientation program, we’ll provide you with many resources and services to assist as you transition to college life.
We are thrilled to welcome you to Purchase College and for you to begin your summer Orientation program. The various components of this program will be opportunities for you to:
- Meet and connect with other incoming students and begin your adjustment to campus life;
- Connect with current undergraduate students who will assist you in answering questions about Purchase College;
- Learn about our unique campus and all the resources it has to offer you
- Meet faculty and staff who will serve as resources during your time at Purchase.
We are pleased to announce that while we have some components that are virtual, we will host an in-person component to our Orientation program in July for Fall 2021 new students.
Fall 2021 First-Year Student Program Components
Pre-Orientation Institute: Tuesday, June 15 at 6:00pm (ET).
This virtual experience is optional, but recommended for students and their family members who need or want specific information on:
- Counseling & Behavioral Health Services
- Office of Disability Resources
- Student Financial Services
- Academic Advising & Class Registration
- Campus Housing
Registration has closed for this event. Thank you to those who participated.
Required July Orientation Sessions
We will offer multiple Orientation sessions this July, both in-person and virtual, to meet our newest members of the Purchase Community.
Registration for these sessions closed on July 1 at noon. Availability is only available for the Friday, July 16 Virtual Session. Contact email@example.com if you need to attend the Virtual Session.
- Session Dates include:
- Tuesday, July 13: Session I (In-Person - Event is Full)
- Wednesday, July 14: Session II (In-Person - Event is Full)
- Thursday, July 15: Session III (In-Person - Event is Full)
- Friday, July 16: Session IV (Virtual)
- Monday, July 19:Session V (In-Person - Event is Full)
- Tuesday, July 20: EOP/MAP & Success Fellows Only. Students in these programs will be assigned to attend this date.
- Wednesday, July 21: Transfer Students Only (In-Person)
Details regarding the day can be found on the July Orientation Details Page.
- Students will be able to register for their session (In-Person or Virtual) of their choosing beginning June 1 at noon (ET).
- There are specific capacity numbers for each day to maintain small groups, social distancing, and other health and safety logistics. Dates will be filled on a first come, first registered basis. Once a date has closed, additional spots will not be added.
- Registration for these sessions closed on July 1 at noon. Availability is only available for the Friday, July 16 Virtual Session.
Parent and Guests
Students will be able to bring ONLY ONE guest, either parent, guardian, or member of your support system; information regarding guests will be located on the Parents and Guests page and will be included in our May communication. Students are not required to bring a guest. Guests must purchase a ticket by July 1 at noon.
Attend an Academic Session
These virtual sessions will occur on June 29, 30 or August 2, 3 and will provide an opportunity for students and family members to meet with faculty and staff in specific academic areas. You will not need to attend in June and August, we are hosting the same session twice.
Attend Phase TWO Orientation
Immediately before classes begin on August 27–29, there will be virtual programs and in-person events for Phase TWO Orientation for those residing on or commuting to campus. Phase TWO programs continue the conversations and enhance the connections made during the July Orientation sessions to prepare you for the start of classes and your time at Purchase College. Phase TWO Orientation promotes learning through faculty, staff, and peer led seminars, workshops, and educational and social programming. Students do not need to register for Phase TWO Orientation.
In the Meantime…
Please visit these pages for updates to the program, alerts for new course content, and upcoming events. We encourage you to begin checking your Purchase email on a regular basis as this is where all campus and Orientation information will be sent.
Access and Accommodations
The Office of Disability Resources coordinates academic adjustments and auxiliary aids and services for students with disabilities to ensure equal access to all programs, services, and activities at Purchase College.
Questions about this process? Call or email the Office of Disability Resources directly: (914) 251-6035, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t done so already, please:
- Submit all health records to Health Services as soon as possible
- proof of COVID vaccination
- Immunization Record (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella or MMR)
- Meningitis survey, which can be done online via your MyHeliotrope account
- College Entrance Health History and Physical Examination form
Ways to submit medical information (Purchase College’s secure electronic medical system)
- Upload to Medicat (Purchase College’s secure electronic medical system)
- To access the secure messaging portal, go to https://purchase.medicatconnect.com
- Log in with your Purchase College credentials
- Email to email@example.com
- Representatives from Health Services will be present at Orientation to collect your health records, if you prefer. Please make a copy before submitting.
EOP & MAP Students
All new EOP & MAP Students will be assigned to the Tuesday, July 20 as their summer program coincides with Orientation.
If you are a student in one of these programs, please view the information on your additional summer program requirements.
This program is designed to assist the needs of first-year, first-generation and underserved students. Applications are available online. For additional questions or information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do your parents or family members have questions?
Of course, we figured that they might!
Getting campus information to members of your support system is important to us. They should view the Parent and Guests page for more information.
Please contact CTS if you need assistance with setting up your Purchase credentials or email account.