It is always encouraged to speak with your Residence Coordinator prior to requesting any room changes from the Office of Community Engagement. A Residence Coordinator can approve a room change for a resident only after conferring with the Associate Director for the Office of Community Engagement. In cases of an issue with health or safety, a Residence Coordinator or other Community Engagement staff member may approve a temporary or emergency room change without the approval of the Associate Director.

Once a room assignment has been made, students have two options for changing rooms. These options are: requesting a room change or identifying another student to conduct a direct room swap. Please reference the billing and dining policies regarding room changes.

Room Change Request

Room changes can be requested by completing the Room Change Request form. This form allows a student to make a request to be moved from their current assignment to a vacant space elsewhere. There are no student moves allowed during the first two weeks of the semester. After a room change request is received, the Associate Director of Community Engagement will communicate with the appropriate Residence Coordinators within the areas where a change will take place. No request is guaranteed and is only approved after an official confirmation email is received by the student from the Office of Community Engagement.

The Room Change Request form can be found by signing into the MyHousing portal through a student’s MyHeliotrope account. Once a student has signed into their MyHousing portal, they would simply click on the tab titled “Room Change Request” and follow the directions outlined within the form. The Room Change Request form will not be accessible during the first two weeks of the fall or spring semesters.