Farside has mostly doubles and triples in corridor housing, utilizing community bathrooms. Additionally, Farside has some singles and suite-style rooms - most offer residents a private bathroom and common area shared by the occupants of their suite.
Situated in the center of campus, Farside is conveniently located near the academic buildings, library, Student Services Building, and is connected to the Dining Hall (D-Hall) via the lower-level (which is ideal for those cold winter days).
Farside rooms are furnished with:
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- Cable TV connection
- Wireless Internet
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
- Access to a community kitchen
- Access to laundry room in the basement level
- Communal Lounge space
Farside does not have air conditioned rooms and elevators.
Residents who live in Farside are required to be enrolled in a meal plan.
Typical Furniture Sizes:
- Approximate Desk Size - 42 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Dresser Size - 30 inches Wide X 20 inches Deep X 42 inches High
- Approximate Bed Size - 36 inches Wide X 84 inches Long; with adjustable height
- Approximate Closet Size: 48 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep
Take a virtual tour through some of the various room types located within the Farside residence hall! While all tour locations are not specifically within this residence hall, the room types below still apply to this and all residence hall locations (Big Haus, Farside, and Crossroads).
Once you are inside the tour, you will also see an info tag that will outline a floor plan with room specs and sizes!
The entire building was recently renovated in 2015 with new bathrooms, updated furniture, lighting, flooring and heating units. Farside also features two gender neutral restrooms on the 1st Floor.
Support for Students:
Ten upper-class Resident Assistants (RAs) live in the hall. They are specially selected and trained to provide programs and resources for our first year students. They are supervised by a professional Residence Coordinator (RC) to help students make the transition to Purchase College.
Typical Room Sizes:
- Singles are typically 8 feet Wide X 11 feet Long (with 1 closet)
- Doubles (corridor) are typically 11 feet Wide X 17 feet Long (with 2 closets)
- Doubles (suite) are typically 11 feet Wide X 15 feet Long (with 2 closets)
- Converted Triples are typically 11 feet Wide X 17 feet Long (with 2 closets)
- Designed Triples are typically 23 feet Wide X 8 feet Long (no built in-closets)