Situated in the center of campus, Crossroads is conveniently located near the academic buildings, library, Student Services Building, and is connected to the Dining Hall (D-Hall) via the lower-level (which is ideal for those cold winter days). Crossroads is one of the three residence halls (along with Big Haus and Farside) that serve as part of the freshmen living community.
Crossroads is one of 5 residence halls at Purchase. It houses approximately 315 first year students.
Crossroads has mostly doubles and triples in corridor housing, utilizing community bathrooms. Additionally, Crossroads has some singles and suite-style rooms - most offer residents a private bathroom and common area shared by the occupants of their suite.
Crossroads rooms are furnished with:
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- Cable TV connection
- Wireless Internet
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
- Access to a community kitchen
- Access to laundry room in the basement level
- Communal Lounge space
Crossroads does not have air conditioned room and elevators.
Residents who live Crossroads are required to be enrolled in a meal plan.
Typical Furniture Sizes:
- Approximate Desk Size - 42 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep X 31 inches High
- Approximate Dresser Size - 30 inches Wide X 20 inches Deep X 42 inches High
- Approximate Bed Size - 36 inches Wide X 84 inches Long; with adjustable height
- Approximate Closet Size: 48 inches Wide X 24 inches Deep
Take a virtual tour through some of the various room types located within the Crossroads residence hall! While all tour locations are not specifically within this residence hall, the room types below still apply to this and all residence hall locations (Big Haus, Farside, and Crossroads). Please note that the converted triples in Crossroads do not have an additional loft - the extra bed is at a normal height.
Once you are inside the tour, you will also see an info tag that will outline a floor plan with room specs and sizes!
Support for Students:
Eleven upper-class Resident Assistants (RAs) live in the hall. They are specially selected and trained to provide programs and resources for our first year students. They are supervised by a professional Residence Coordinator (RC) to help students make the transition to Purchase College.
In the summer of 2017, Crossroads was repainted. In the summer 2018, the building received new furniture, including desks, dressers, mattresses and bed frames, as well as new window shades.
Typical Room Sizes:
- Singles are typically 8 feet Wide X 11 feet Long (with 1 closet)
- Doubles (corridor) are typically 11 feet Wide X 17 feet Long (with 2 closets)
- Doubles (suite) are typically 11 feet Wide X 15 feet Long (with 2 closets)
- Converted Triples are typically 11 feet Wide X 17 feet Long (with 2 closets)
- Designed Triples are typically 23 feet Wide X 8 feet Long (no built in-closets)