Fall Application: Extended to March 15, 2021
Portfolio Submission: Extended to March 22, 2021
Early Action: November 15, 2020
Portfolio Submission: December 1, 2020
Spring: November 1, 2020
Portoflio Submission: November 15, 2020
Submit the Creative Writing portfolio online within your Admissions portal. There is a $5 portfolio fee.
- Letter of Intent: A 500-word personal statement of your reasons for wanting to enter the program and an assessment of your strengths and weaknesses as a writer.
- Creative Writing Samples: Applicants should submit either fiction or poetry as follows:
- Fiction: 2-3 short stories or excerpts from pieces of fiction (30 pages max.)
- Poetry: 8-10 poems (15 pages max.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Creative Writing applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. These letters should be from two individuals who are familiar with your writing abilities (teachers, writing instructors, advisors, counselors, etc.).
For additional information about the BA Creative Writing program visit Creative Writing Program