Fall Application: Extended: May 1, 2020
Fall Slideroom Submission extended to May 1, 2020
Early Action: November 15, 2019
Early Action Slideroom Submission by December 1, 2019
Spring: November 1, 2019
Spring Slideroom submission by November 15, 2019
Submit the Creative Writing portfolio online in SlideRoom. There is a $5 portfolio submission fee payable online when you submit your portfolio.
- Letter of Intent: A 500-word personal statement of your reasons for wanting to enter the program and an assessment of your strengths and weaknesses as a writer.
- Creative Writing Samples: Applicants should submit either fiction or poetry as follows:
- Fiction: 2-3 short stories or excerpts from pieces of fiction (30 pages max.)
- Poetry: 8-10 poems (15 pages max.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Creative Writing applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. These letters should be from two individuals who are familiar with your writing abilities (teachers, writing instructors, advisors, counselors, etc.).
For additional information about the BA Creative Writing program visit Creative Writing Program